3rd Trimester

She is here!

Hi ladies!  Julia has finally decided to join us here in the outside world!  My birth story in a nut shell.  On Saturday night my FI and I were just settling down to watch a movie before heading to bed.  I had to go to the bathroom (as usual),  I peed, wiped and saw bright red blood on the tissue and in the toilet.  We had the on call doctor paged,  he sent us o the emergency room.  I arrived there at 10 PM,  I was having very inonsistent contractions, I didnt have any pain.  I was monitored for a while and then my BP went through the roof.  The doctor was questioning a placental abruption.  At 3AM I was admitted to L&D and the doctor started pitocin.  I was having steady contractions for a while and at 6AM I asked for an epidural. Shortly after the doctor broke my water.  @ noon time I started having some very painfull contractions and felt the urge to push.  the Anesthesiologist came in and gave me more meds the doctor checked me and saw that I had gone from 3cm to 9cm in the last hour.  They got me comfortable.  @ 2:00 the babies heart rate declined significantly.  The doctor came in and said it was time to push.  I was so nervous b/c I had not slept since Friday night and had been up since 4 on Sat.  My Mom and FI held my legs I pushed 9 times, and then heard the most beautiful cries in the world.  I had a beautiful, healthy baby girl.  She weighs 5lbs 14oz and is 20.5 inches long.  We are so happy that she is finally here. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: She is here!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"