1st Trimester

OMG - BFP! Now what???

What should I start doing differently?  What should I stop doing?  When should I tell family?

Do you have an book recommendations?

Website recommendations?

iPhone App recommendations?

(1st pregnancy, can you tell? ;))

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: OMG - BFP! Now what???

• Congratulations!

iPhone app:  I have "what to expect when your expecting" and "iPregnancy".  I really like iPregnancy, it's about $4, but you can save pictures, medical info, OB appointments, etc on it.

H&H 9mo to us all :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congrats and welcome!

As for what to do differently I would talk to your dr. The only thing that changed for me was how much fish I could eat and what medicines I was/wasn't allowed to take.

We told our family and friends with DD around 13 weeks which is when we plan to tell with this one. We told one of our close friends just so we have someone to share with and we are around them all the time so they would notice.

The book I had with DD was "What to Expect When Your Expecting". They even have a small section for dads in it.

image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats!!  I would talk to your doctor.  Mine gave me so much information about exercise, diet, and medication.
  • 1st - call your doctor and make an appt.  Don't be surprised if they don't want to see you until 7 or 8 weeks.  Totally normal. 

2 - hang out here.  avoid - certain kinds of fish, alcohol (duh!), heat lunchmeat to steaming before eating and get plenty of sleep. Don't let your heartrate get about 140 so you may need to tame your workouts.

3 - books I like: Your Pregnancy Week by Week

4 - websites - alphamom.com. Sign up for weekly emails. I think I use pregnancy.com or something like that.

GL to you!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageKalamazaar:

Congrats and welcome!

As for what to do differently I would talk to your dr. The only thing that changed for me was how much fish I could eat and what medicines I was/wasn't allowed to take.

We told our family and friends with DD around 13 weeks which is when we plan to tell with this one. We told one of our close friends just so we have someone to share with and we are around them all the time so they would notice.

The book I had with DD was "What to Expect When Your Expecting". They even have a small section for dads in it.

My Dr appt isn't until mid May!  Should I eat less fish?  What pain relievers are safe?  Ibuprofen okay?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageskittleblu:
    imageKalamazaar:

Congrats and welcome!

My Dr appt isn't until mid May!  Should I eat less fish?  What pain relievers are safe?  Ibuprofen okay?

Here's a site to look at. It will tell you which ones to avoid and how much you can eat of certain kinds.

https://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancyhealth/fishmercury.htm

My dr. told me not to take Ibuprofen. She told me to stick with Tylenol. I get migraines sometimes so she told me to take tylenol and drink a cup of coffee for the caffeine, but no more than one cup.

image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • congrats!  read read read!!! what to expect.com is good and comprehensive, and the ipjone app PP just said is good too!! 

joyce 

joyce@mazelabs.com www.mazecordblood.com
  • This post made me smile! This is how I feel. I'm so anxious, but things will sink in soon, and it will all come naturally. I have been reading What to Expect When You're Expecting and Fit Pregnancy magazine for months. They are great!
    TTC since 04/2010
    Ovarian cancer survivor
    DH= low motility
    2/9/11 lap & hysteroscopy- uterine polyp & scar tissue removed
    3/25/11 IUI#1= BFP m/c; D&C at 7w3d (Trisomy 16)
    IUIs #2, #3, #4 and #5= BFNs
    Onto IVF #1= BFN
    FET 4/6/12= 2 extended blasts transferred, with one hatching
    Beta 1= 607; Beta 2= 1,564; Beta 3= 24,439; Beta 4= over 64,000
    First u/s on 5/10= TWINS! Heartbeats 158 and 160!
    It's a boy and a girl!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    My Blog
    Huge congrats to my beautiful BFPB lmj8284, due June 2012!
    "When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." -FDR
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"