3rd Trimester

Is it normal to want to kick DH in the head?

I know he's trying, but he just keeps picking the wrong things to say.  And then he really handles it bad if I cry.  Is it just normal hormones making me want to kill him?  It seems like all we've done is fight the last two weeks.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Is it normal to want to kick DH in the head?

• See my post below yours...lol.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hah, ok, I don't feel quite as bad now.  We keep fighting over really stupid stuff as we're heading to bed.  Then I cry, and he falls asleep, and I fume for another hour before I can sleep.  The other night I went into complete hysterics over practically nothing.  I just couldn't stop it.  All he needed to do was hold me and comfort me so I could calm down.  What did he do?  Complain that the way I was sobbing and hyperventilating was shaking the bed and making him nauseous.  I ended up storming out and crying in the bathroom until he was asleep.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagecwyland:
    Hah, ok, I don't feel quite as bad now.  We keep fighting over really stupid stuff as we're heading to bed.  Then I cry, and he falls asleep, and I fume for another hour before I can sleep.  The other night I went into complete hysterics over practically nothing.  I just couldn't stop it.  All he needed to do was hold me and comfort me so I could calm down.  What did he do?  Complain that the way I was sobbing and hyperventilating was shaking the bed and making him nauseous.  I ended up storming out and crying in the bathroom until he was asleep.

Indifferent 

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• I thought i was going crazy for feeling like this lately. we get into yelling matches these past two weeks or so over ridiculous things and i have to contain the urge to punch him in the face. i think we are all just ready and its starting to blurr the lines of sanity....
    Married DH 5/28/08
    DS Born 4/13/11
    DD Born 3/38/15

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My husband and I have been fighting a lot lately too. Like I just feel completely gross, tired and unappreciated. Plus since I have been on bed rest since 32 weeks, I guess I get kind of jealous that he goes off and does whatever he wants while I'm stuck home alone! I feel better about reading your post because now I do not feel so guilty about wanting to shove him out of bed when he is snoring all night while I struggle to fall asleep at all!

• I have been cranky with DH and we pick little fights a lot. We also had our house for sale, a toddler and dog to get out for showings of said house 18 times, and I work night shift. I have been tired for 9 months! And I get very cranky when I am tired, and DH is too stresses with house stuff to be gentle with my hormones!
  • I have wanted to throat punch DH many times this week!!!
  • BAHAHAHA!  Completely normal!  It's hard to be patient with the guys but I guess I need to work on that, too.  It's new for us both and we're both learning and discovering together.  I've learned to get really good at the whole counting to ten thing.  Deep breaths do wonders...I've only had two bloody lips from biting too hard.  I try to watch what I say but sometimes it's TOO HARD!  Good luck to you, hun! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Hahaha...a throat punch and a good roundhouse kick to the face is always an option!  Stick out tongue
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm right there with you. It seems DH can't do/say anything right lately because all I do is cry. So he's just been really quiet. Which is also making me mad. LOL. It's a vicious cycle!!
  • (Lurking from late 2nd Tri)

"My husband and I have been fighting a lot lately too. Like I just feel completely gross, tired and unappreciated. Plus since I have been on bed rest since 32 weeks, I guess I get kind of jealous that he goes off and does whatever he wants while I'm stuck home alone! I feel better about reading your post because now I do not feel so guilty about wanting to shove him out of bed when he is snoring all night while I struggle to fall asleep at all!"

This is how I feel... I could have written this post myself! I am not on bedrest but I feel the exact same way... I hope this improves for us all!

image imageMake a pregnancy ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I really do feel better knowing this is kind of normal.  He really does try and he's working two jobs right now (new and old one overlapping until the end of this month) so he's tired and short with me as well.  He just seems to pick the wrong thing to say or do and it sets me off.  Last night he picked up dinner on the way home, and assumed what I wanted instead of calling me.  Of course he got it wrong.  We had a knock down drag out two day fight last week where I kicked him out of the bedroom.  It only ended when he almost cried and begged me not to divorce him.  I then found out that while I was sleeping he went outside and worked on some planter boxes I've been begging him to build for a month.  That was kind of cute.

So, his heart is in the right place and he really is trying.  But he just keeps saying stupid stuff that's warranting that kick in the head.

• Last night my husband said I looked "tired" and "puffy." Then he said I should try to do more exercise and asked me if I was exercising at lunch time like I said I was going to try to do (of course I haven't been doing this, I am exhausted.) So I just started sobbing and like the previous poster said, HE gets annoyed. Instead of comforting me or being like "I am sorry, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings" he is rolling his eyes and asking me why I am getting so upset.

I am really angry at him. All he has to do is keep his mouth shut - is that really too much to ask? He gets really stressed out at work and then he takes it out on me with rude comments and a general grumpy attitude, but if I point out that is what is going on, he doesn't believe me/he gets annoyed. I am so over it. He is a doctor and he has to sleep at work tonight so I am hoping that a couple of days apart will help the situation. I am just so pissed off about it!!  I also work full time and I do all of the housework as well - get over yourself.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"