High-Risk Pregnancy

Who's had a cerclage removed???

tell me about it...pleeeease!!  worse pain ever?  did you bleed after?  were you fine up and walking that day?

and please be honest with me about the pain...Indifferent

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Who's had a cerclage removed???

• I will be stalking this post. I too want to know how it is....

Anniversary

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• i had it removed at 36wks with dd..it wasnt that bad at all! no anesthesia at all..a speculum was inserted and then a quick pinch and tug..and it was very fast..it was out in just 2 mins..and it was such an awesome feeling to have it out! i had very little spotting for a couple of hrs..and that was it! I felt awesome and was up and about! i didnt go into labor for another 2  1/2 weeks!!

i hope it goes that well this time! different type of cerclage..different doctor!

I am so excited for you!!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Do you mean a vaginal or abdominal? 

I did not evn know that they had removed my vaginal cerclage, it may have been diring a contraction, so it was not any worse then that!  

• imagePharlap427:

Do you mean a vaginal or abdominal? 

I did not evn know that they had removed my vaginal cerclage, it may have been diring a contraction, so it was not any worse then that!  

vaginal.  abdominal are never removed.

• I have an abdominal cerclage that is being removed during when they do my C-Section, they can also be removed after.  I amnot a doctor, but I guess you could leave one in but I would not opt for that.  That is what I thought you were asking about initially, because supposedly when it?s removed post birth is a lot less invasive, then having it put in.  Hopefully someone who has had one removed can chime in.

• imagePharlap427:

I have an abdominal cerclage that is being removed during when they do my C-Section, they can also be removed after.  I amnot a doctor, but I guess you could leave one in but I would not opt for that.  That is what I thought you were asking about initially, because supposedly when it?s removed post birth is a lot less invasive, then having it put in.  Hopefully someone who has had one removed can chime in.

humm..i've never heard of this.  all the research i've done and talking with others that have them - the TAC's are always permanent.

• It's my first (and only) TAC, with my son I had a TVC and was on bed rest from 17 to 33 weeks,   I feel for you and wish you luck and a safe and healthy delivery.  Its almost over!!!  

If you plan on having another child please look into the TAC's.  What a difference it has made, pregnancy without bed rest.  :)

• imagePharlap427:

It's my first (and only) TAC, with my son I had a TVC and was on bed rest from 17 to 33 weeks,   I feel for you and wish you luck and a safe and healthy delivery.  Its almost over!!!  

If you plan on having another child please look into the TAC's.  What a difference it has made, pregnancy without bed rest.  :)

thank you.  unfortunatly, medically i'm not a candidate for a TAC.

• I had ask this from my nurses and doctor because I thought I had to go in like I had my surgery. Doctor said they use the speculum and just take it out doesn't last longer than 5 minutes. I am getting my out at 36 weeks. When do you get yours out? I imagine soon.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
    BFP #1 - 04/09/10 -- m/c - 07/02/10 @ 20weeks and 3 days. D&C 07/02/2010 - EDD 11/16/10
    BFP #2 12/17/10 please stick turtle. EDD 8/29/11 - Emergency C-Section 7-2-11. Andrew's journey
    Congratulations to my TTCAL buddy Carolee on her BFP! Stick, baby!
    Congratulations to elbandas09, cherylanddoug, tctibbe(MsPegees) and alliejoe for their take home babies!
  • imagetigers413:
    I had ask this from my nurses and doctor because I thought I had to go in like I had my surgery. Doctor said they use the speculum and just take it out doesn't last longer than 5 minutes. I am getting my out at 36 weeks. When do you get yours out? I imagine soon.

FRIDAY!!

• Still have mine for 4 more weeks.  But I'm scared to death.  I have one friend IRL who has had a cerclage.  Her removal was terrible.  Scar tissue had grown over the stitch and they had to pull all that tissue away.  She was throwing up from the pain.  I talked to my OB last week about it b/c I am so nervous.  She said 1% of her cases has trouble during removal and that she only had 2 cases where she knew it would be bad so she had to do it under anesthesia.  Made me feel a little better :)  Let us know it goes!  Good luck.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagebride2be.austin:

imagetigers413:
    I had ask this from my nurses and doctor because I thought I had to go in like I had my surgery. Doctor said they use the speculum and just take it out doesn't last longer than 5 minutes. I am getting my out at 36 weeks. When do you get yours out? I imagine soon.

FRIDAY!!

That must be so exciting!!!! Smile

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
    BFP #1 - 04/09/10 -- m/c - 07/02/10 @ 20weeks and 3 days. D&C 07/02/2010 - EDD 11/16/10
    BFP #2 12/17/10 please stick turtle. EDD 8/29/11 - Emergency C-Section 7-2-11. Andrew's journey
    Congratulations to my TTCAL buddy Carolee on her BFP! Stick, baby!
    Congratulations to elbandas09, cherylanddoug, tctibbe(MsPegees) and alliejoe for their take home babies!
  • imagebride2be.austin:
    imagePharlap427:

I have an abdominal cerclage that is being removed during when they do my C-Section, they can also be removed after.  I amnot a doctor, but I guess you could leave one in but I would not opt for that.  That is what I thought you were asking about initially, because supposedly when it?s removed post birth is a lot less invasive, then having it put in.  Hopefully someone who has had one removed can chime in.

humm..i've never heard of this.  all the research i've done and talking with others that have them - the TAC's are always permanent.

Weird, I haven't heard of this either. I have a TAC and it is permanent.  Enlighten me, if you don't mind me asking, why are you having it removed?

• having it removed because we are done having kids and I do not want to have it in if I dont "need" it.   Did you have yours placed before or after you conceived??
  • I had mine out during 36th week sometime.. placed at 14 weeks. It was so easy. If you ever had a cervial biopsy-- cerclage removal is MUCH easier. Few tugs and pulls, a bit of overall uncomfort and it's done. I had no spotting and mild cramping for a day or so. They expected me to go into labor within 48 hours.. I was induced a day after my due date!

Best to you!

December 2011- Trans-abdominal Cerclage placed. Praying this new baby sticks and does not require bed rest!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    29 weeks of bedrest & Cerclage at 14 weeks.
  • I had my last cerclage removed around 36wks. It was done in my OB's office. I just felt a little pinch & that was it. I think I had a few minor contractions afterward. Nothing serious. I walked right out of there with no problems :)

Hope this helps! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I have never heard of a TAC.  Where is the TAC placed?  Is it only placed before pregnancy?
    - 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"