2nd Trimester

Our new home is a spider hang out

and that isn't cool. how can i get rid of them!?! I'm terrified of spiders and i keep finding them in our new place! is there any nontoxic way of getting rid of them, short of my running around w/ my vacuum constantly???

I keep having visions of one crawling on my baby or landing on my when i'm nurseing and not being able to do anything! ewwwwwwww

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Our new home is a spider hang out

• Get a cat!  It really keeps the bug population non-existent in our house because our two cats think they are the tastiest toys ever.
  • You should treat yourself to a day at the spa with a prenatal massage & a night in a hotel while a professional comes in and sprays.
  • Loading the player...
  • LOL, LOVE that idea. Although I worry about using chemicals though since we have a dog.
  • imagelindseyMc:
    LOL, LOVE that idea. Although I worry about using chemicals though since we have a dog.

Have a neighbor watch the dog, or a family member.  (There's always ways around that!)

• imagesteph_c:
    You should treat yourself to a day at the spa with a prenatal massage & a night in a hotel while a professional comes in and sprays.

My vote!

• Glue Traps for now, like you put down for mice.
  • imageIrishgatorstar:
    Get a cat!  It really keeps the bug population non-existent in our house because our two cats think they are the tastiest toys ever.

Totally agree with this. Our cats get rid of all of our bugs.

• Does the glue pad really work for spiders? I've never heard that before. I'm going to look into having the perimter of our place sprayed too.

Cats are out of the question, unfortunately i haven't had good luck with cats.

• I def think you should  get someone to spray - and then get DH to spray the outside of the house really really good with bug spray.  If they are still doing some construction near your home - then they will be around for a little while longer. 
  • Our cats think playing with a bug is fun but they are sadly humane, they won't kill one!  Terminix has pet friendly sprays.  Everything they use in our house is safe for cats and dogs.  We rarely have any problems and when we do, as soon as we call them the problem is gone.
  • Thanks! that's very helpful. I'm all over this.. i have to get rid of them!

quazel- all my old cats used to do the same thing!

• Hire a pest control company- they are able to use chemicals in area where it will not harm you or pets.  Have them do an inside and outside treatment- you 'll see a huge decline in 2-3 days after
    Mom of 3 year old, one year old and one on the way (due late Summer 2013).
  • imagelindseyMc:

Does the glue pad really work for spiders? I've never heard that before. I'm going to look into having the perimter of our place sprayed too.

Our apartment had brown recluse spiders and the only thing that helped were glue traps since our landlord wouldn't spray the whole building.  They really work.  When I went to Idaho too where a lot of people have hobo spider problems, I saw many glue traps as well.

• thanks for the tip! i'll get some this weekend and try it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"