2nd Trimester

Sorry ladies...opinions please?

Ok, I'm due March 7th. We are supposed to PCS (move) to Fort Riley Kansas right about that time. The plan has always been that when dh gets deployed, I would go home to be near our family. He is deploying in June or July. So, my ? is...should I bother moving all our stuff out to KS, or start moving things into storage back home? (non-necessities, of course.) It's going to be a huge hassle no matter what, just wondering what y'all think.

Re: Sorry ladies...opinions please?

• non-necessities to storage.  I find there isn't much worse than moving, yet alone twice!

You are fortunate that you can be by  your family when your DH is deployed!  It must make things a tiny bit easier for you.

• Avoid storage if you can. Do it once and get it over with. Just my opinion.

• Loading the player...
  • That's kind of what me and dh are going through now.  He'll be in ranger school during my due date so figuring out what the safest situation will be for me.  We want me to move home with my parents, the only issue that's holding it up is Tricare.  So if your home is close to another post, or can figure out Tricare, then if it was me, I would def do it.  But that's just what I would do
  • I would do storage so you aren't moving everything twice
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You're going to have 4 months between time... so I would just bring stuff you absolutely need, and leave the rest for when you stay with your family.  The less stuff you have to move, the better.

KS will be happy to have you! (even for the short 4 months)

• I would skip the move to Kansas. 
  • imagesteph_c:

You're going to have 4 months between time... so I would just bring stuff you absolutely need, and leave the rest for when you stay with your family.  The less stuff you have to move, the better.

KS will be happy to have you! (even for the short 4 months)

I agree. Don't move stuff twice, that's just a pain in the a$$. 

• i might have the exact same issue soon...this is my plan: if we move to a base(post) soon, and DH gets deplpyed, i will want to have all of our things moved into our house onn base and leave for a while to visit family...on some bases if you and your DH are gone long enough, your house is considered vacant and another family can move in there...also, do  you have TMO? i know the Marines does, they move everything for you and re-imburse you for your travel expenses.... that is just what i would do to make sure you and DH have a house to come home to and not have to move from house to storage to house again
  • I went to school at Kansas State University which is right beside Fort Riley.  I love that part of the country, I hope you enjoy your stay! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"