April 2011 Moms

Belly Suddenly Soft

Hey Ladies

Is there anyone with any experience with this- my belly just suddenly went soft. For weeks now it has been a rock sticking out the front of me, but just in the last hour it has suddenly gone soft. If I lay on my back it has back and forth movement, which it hasn't had in months. I'm trying to figure out if I'm leaking fluid (I don't think so) and I'm not having contractions. I can feel LO booting around in there, it's just really weird- it feels like whatever was holding it all in has been shook loose.

Any ideas? Any BTDT mammas experience a suddenly soft, jiggly belly?

Our Little Family Keeps Growing! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Belly Suddenly Soft

• I have. I'm not sure why it happens, but sometimes I can even grasp his little leg through my stomach. All of our vitals look good and my midwives don't freak out when I mention it, so I'm not gonna borrow trouble, ya know? The jello-jiggle while laying on my back is a fave with my older kids, though. Lol
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
  • imagebuffyanne02:
    I noticed this a few days ago, and have had it come and go. Perhaps the baby dropped further down?

My softness is at the top of my belly, so I assumed she has dropped.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DD ~ 4/21/2011
    DD 2.0 ~ 12/30/2013

• Loading the player...
  • Me too!!  I have been like this for several days and the baby has dropped so I am really soft on top.  But I am also soft on the sides and below.  Curious what the BTDT moms say.
  • My belly went soft yesterday too! Just under my belly button though... the top is still hard as a rock!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Well, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. Going to see the OB today so we'll see if she has a medical explanation for it. Weird!
    Our Little Family Keeps Growing! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mine did that several times. I figured he was shifting to a position farther back in the uterus as long as he was still moving
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"