Baby Names

What is everyone's thoughts/feelings on having two middle names?

My name search i feel is slowly coming to an end! I posted a post last night on middle name name choices. this is my 2nd post in 12 hrs, i really hope it doesn't bother anyone, but this is more a post about what everyone thinks on two middle names. 

What is everyone's thoughts on having two middle names?  do you like it?  do you even use the 2nd middle name?  what's everyone's thoughts on this subject?

I know my brother has 2 names and I never really thought much of it.  He says he really only uses the first one on paper.  

My Final name is Gianna, but we are still deciding between middle names.  we really like the following:

Gianna Kay (Grandmothers name)
Gianna Cruz (my maiden name)
Gianna Elise (I love Elise)

so we are kind of thinking of doing a combo either:

Gianna Kay Elise H******
Or
Gianna Elise Cruz H*****

thoughts and opinions please, thanks in advance! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: What is everyone's thoughts/feelings on having two middle names?

• I don't mind it.  We thought about it for DS when we were thinking of names, he was going to be James Andrew Christien F___, but out last name is long and Polish so we waned to keep it simple.  It's more for your value than anything, since 2nd mn's aren't used that often.  I also know people with names like Mary Ann and then mn, ln.  Technically they have 2 first names, but you get the point.  I think it really depends on the names (length, syllables, pronounciation, etc...)

Gianna Kay Elise is my pick..  

• I voted for Gianna Cruz in your clicky, because I like the family significance, and I like that it is different.  However, if you do double middle names, I really prefer Gianna Kay Elise.  For some reason I don't think the Cruz flows as well.  I know that Katherine was on your other list though, and I think that Gianna Katherine Cruz is beautiful.

ETA: Am I totally making up the Katherine thing?  I thought I saw it but I could be confused with another poll.  Whoops!

** After  2 1/2 years of Unexplained IF, 2 failed medicated cycles, and 4 failed IUI's - our baby girl came to us through the miracle of
     Mini IVF! **

• Loading the player...
  • I'm not a fan of double middle names. It can be a mouthful, and you rarely use your middle name(s) anyway. On paperwork and government forms, theres usually only enough room for a single initial (like your brother pointed out, he only uses one of them on forms). To me, it seems like a burden to have two middle names.

That being said, I really like Gianna Elise from your choices! This is absolutely gorgeous!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageGermanGirl2007:

I voted for Gianna Cruz in your clicky, because I like the family significance, and I like that it is different.  However, if you do double middle names, I really prefer Gianna Kay Elise.  For some reason I don't think the Cruz flows as well.  I know that Katherine was on your other list though, and I think that Gianna Katherine Cruz is beautiful.

ETA: Am I totally making up the Katherine thing?  I thought I saw it but I could be confused with another poll.  Whoops!

Your not crazy, you are right!  good memory!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• I kept my maiden name when I got married. My daughter has two middle names because I wanted her to have my last name somewhere in there without having two last names or a hyphenated last name. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Not a huge fan of more than 1 middle name...especially if you re catholic and she will recieve yet another name...i love gianna elise
  • I hate it personally. Plus like other posters said, you rarely use your mn. I had never heard of people having 2 mn's until I joined the bump.

Danica 10.22.10 | Milo 12.23.12

PicMonkey Collage3

• I'm not a fan of it. 

When I got married and took DH's last name I didn't want to drop a name.  I decided to keep both my middle and maiden name, so now I have 2 middle names.  Although I'm happy with my decision, it has been a bit of a PITA.  Most government forms, drivers license, etc. only have enough space for one middle name.  Many of my documents don't match up completely.  It's not a huge deal, but it annoys me.

I just wouldn't give a child 2 middle names and complicate things if you don't have to.  Plus, if she gets married someday and wants to keep her full name and take her husband's last name like I did, then she would have 3 middle names and it would be even more difficult.  I have a friend who did this, and I can't imagine!     

• I'm personally not a fan.  However, I could maybe see using your maiden name so that baby could carry your name on as well.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I almost gave my kids two middle names, but enough people convinced me that they wouldn't really use the second one at all. I kept my name when I married so I ended up giving them my last name as a middle, I want them to carry my name but didn't want a hypenated last name, I also wanted my name on passports, government documents, etc.
  • My daughter has three middle names, due to a family tradition on SO's side. I tried to fight it at first, but they don't have to always write the whole thing out. I'm confused about the problem with official paperwork because SO also has three middle names and when the paperwork doesn't have enough room he just puts the first one, it doesn't make it wrong. Anyway, I say go for it.
  • I feel like people use two middle names when they have three names they like and can't choose between.  The second middle name doesn't fit on any legal forms, etc, and middle names are hardly ever used anyway.  NMS.

• I dont like two middle names, its too long most the time

but out of those names I prefer Elise Cruz

• It's tradition on my dad's side of the family to have two middle names. I think they did it to give every child their own first name, plus honor one family member on each side with a mn. My siblings and I all have two middles and we use them both. I like it. I have both of mine on my Driver's License as well. You don't use your full middle name alot, so it's not much of a burden. I just use both initials for signing. My dad only uses his first name, but I think it's because he doesn't like his second one. I want to continue this tradition and use two middles for our children as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"