April 2011 Moms

Impatient...and a slight vent.

I feel like I am never going to have my baby...and I can honestly say I'm jealous of everyone who's already had their babies. 
The doctors kept telling me that even though my official due date is April 2nd I could expect a March baby....well March has gone...my due date is tomorrow...and still no baby.

Im getting more and more depressed with each day she's not here.
I absolutly hate the amount of texts, phone calls, messages, and face to face questions, ect. I keep getting about Sophia not being here yet.  It's making it harder.  The worst is when Im at work and a customer asks me and all I can do is put on a phony smile and pretend like I'm okay.

I hate how the father is so calm about this when I'm going crazy.
I hate hearing everyone say she'll come when she's ready....well what about when I'm ready?

Re: Impatient...and a slight vent.

• I hate the questions too ... my husband is not calm about it. He wants a "plan" of how the day will be when she does come. We had a nice little "discussion" about that. lol With babies - there are no plans.
  • Like you, I'm due tomorrow. You've probably been experiencing a lot of the physical "ugh" that goes with being this pregnant, too. I've actually been avoiding people. We skipped church this past Wednesday (HIGHLY unusual for us), mostly because I'm incapable of answering all the "you're still here's" without crying, much less do it with a smile--no matter how phony.

My DH is like the PP's: he wants a plan for every possible situation. Lol. We'll be falling asleep, or in the middle of some random daily activity, and he'll suddenly, "What if....?" I can't blame him. He's a planner. Since I am, too, I've usually thought about the situation he just asked about before that point, and have an answer that soothes him. Smile  The father of your LO may be calm on the outside, but it wouldn't surprise me if his insides were jelly any time he thinks about the what if's. Wink

"Baby will come when it's ready" is one of my LEAST favorite cliches these days... 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm getting impatient too.  I went to the docs yesterday and she said "you could go today, tomorrow or a week from now"   Thanks that was helpful!  Sending you some labor dust!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageCheacheAnn:

I feel like I am never going to have my baby...and I can honestly say I'm jealous of everyone who's already had their babies. 
    The doctors kept telling me that even though my official due date is April 2nd I could expect a March baby....well March has gone...my due date is tomorrow...and still no baby.

This!  I'm not sure why I listening (and totally believed) the doctor's, but I never thought I'd actually be an April mom. Two days for me...

• I'm so relieved to see that others are feeling the same way.
    I feel like I have become so over-emotional lately.
  • I woke up this morning and my fingers look like sausages.  Labor dust for all of us!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had a good cry yesterday because when I went to the dr he said absolutely nothing was happening. He said baby's head was still way up there and and I was shut up tight still. Before he examined me he said he would sweep my membranes if he could, but there was no way. This was after our appointment two weeks ago where my regular dr (who is on vacation right now) said that her head was way down and I was thinning. It wasn't much but at least it was something. Yesterday I felt like I was going backwards. I'm not due till the 8th but I feel like something should be happening.. especially with the random cramping/contractions I had last week.

I, too, am getting sick of people telling me she'll come when she's ready. I'm not super upset that she's not here.. I'm more frustrated that nothing is happening down there.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Feeling the same... although I always thought I'd have an April baby - all the outside babies on the board got me excited to get the LO out!!

Trying to remember to take deep breaths, relax, rest, laugh and remind myself I can't make it happen so enjoy every last second of this part... it's going to get really busy once baby makes it's arrival!! Big hugs, our babies will be here soon mama.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I know I still have a couple of weeks before my official due date but I just really had it in my head that he'd come earlier for some reason and every day that passes, i get more and more discouraged. I know I won't be pregnant forever, but knowing something and feeling it are sometimes two different things.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"