May 2011 Moms

Another BH question

Im still having these damn BH all the time & they are so flipping painful I feel like I could just die!! :( Called the Dr yesterday they told me to drink plenty of water & rest or walk around breathe .... yada yada yada

Anyway after a painful round of agony the LO starts going crazy kicking & moving every which way, which is uncomfortable in itself!! So my questions are, *are your BH super painful & what do you do to ease the pain? & *Does your LO go crazy after them?

Re: Another BH question

• BH are NOT painful... I'd be calling the OB to come in and be seen not just blown off and told to drink water.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Broken boob FFing, babywearing, co-sleeping, PPD warrior,colic survivor, proud WAHM! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Momma Maven In The Making!
  • yeah, everything i've heard about bh is that they are tightening of your whole belly, but not painful.  i would call the doc too. 
    bound to cover just a little more ground Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I had an irritable uterus with my son and while the constant BH were annoying, they were never painful.  I felt some pressure, but not pain.  But, if they are going away after rest and drinking water, they're most likely BH.  Regular contractions would not stop for rest and water.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ditto the previous answers...BH should not be painful.  My can be constant and really annoying but they don't actually hurt.  The only way I got rid of mine the other night was a warm bath.
  • Yeah BH should not be painful they jsut feel weird!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • BH generally aren't super painful but they can hurt or be pretty uncomfortable.  It's hard to tell because people's descriptions of pain are so subjective.  

Have you been able to get rid of them with the water, walking around, etc.?  If you can't get rid of them, then you need to call your doctor back or go into L&D triage.  Painful contractions that you can't get rid of are concerning at this stage.

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I actually just got put on bedrest for the rest of my pregnancy because of these annoying BH. Mine feel crampy at times not painful at all though. Id have them see you just to make sure everything is ok!
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"