3rd Trimester
Options

Needing to switch OB's at 33 weeks :/

What do you look for when you switch this late in the game? I went to the website for the hospital I want to deliver at & there is a HUGE list. I don't know how to narrow my search down. 

https://saintalphonsus.netreturns.biz/Providers/SearchResults.aspx?Matchall=ALL&Orderby=name&Specialty=OB/GYN&City=Boise

Anyone have any suggestions?  

Photobucket
Landon & Porter
1-10-07 & 5-11-11

Re: Needing to switch OB's at 33 weeks :/

• Options

Do you have any friends/relatives you could ask? Usually the best way to find a doc is word of mouth.

And can I be nosy and ask why you need to switch obs this late in the game?

• Options
    Well my mother made my first appointment with my OB (I can't remember why she called & not me!), she told me that she did deliver in Boise (I live in a small town & the hospital here is SO AWFUL!). Turns out my mom heard wrong/was given the wrong info or something, my OB does not, under any circumstances, deliver in Boise. I found this out today at my 33 week appointment. I feel completely stupid not double checking earlier but I am trying hard not to freak out & just figure it out. 

Photobucket
    Landon & Porter
    1-10-07 & 5-11-11
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I am looking at switching as well. My Dr. and I no longer seem to be on the same page about my delivery. He giggled and smirked at my birth plan.

Dim lights, music, changing positions, attempt at no meds...

It seems that he wants me to be lying flat on my back and drugged. I am not happy about this. I was sure that I made myself clear at my first visit. Guess not.

• Options

Is there a reason you don't want to deliver at the hospital your current ob delivers at?

• Options

First cross reference this list with names of OB's that accept your insurance.  Then start googleing their names to see if anyone has commented on them somewhere online.  Make a list of 5 people and start calling and asking if they will take on a new patient this late in the game.

If you don't "pick" a new one then stick with the one you have and just go to the hospital you want to deliver at and have the resident OB on call deliver the baby and they'll send the information to your OB afterward so you can still go see them for follow-up.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagesherah1282:

Is there a reason you don't want to deliver at the hospital your current ob delivers at?

It's just a POS hospital with extremely poor facilities. We live in a small/farm town & the hospital is no bueno. My (ex) MIL works there & she works closely with the nurses who say they don't think the hospital has any right delivering babies & such. They also don't have a NICU & are 45 minutes away from the nearest one.

Photobucket
    Landon & Porter
    1-10-07 & 5-11-11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"