2nd Trimester

Worst headaches!!

I never got headaches before, now I am getting migraines and can only take Tylenol.  I could not get out of bed and go to work this morning.  Has anyone else been having headaches? What do you do? thanks 

Re: Worst headaches!!

• I was having bad headaches for a few weeks and started drinking more water and eating smaller meal through out the day. It has really helped. Also, a cold cloth in the dark really helped. Good luck
  • I'm having the same thing - and Tylenol isn't doing a darn thing!  Cold compress works and so does increasing water.  I had a cold and the congestion was making things worse, so I tried a humidifier as well.  I am not sure how well that helped, but it certainly didn't hurt!  Hope you get some relief! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine come in the afternoon - usually after lunch.  I take tylenol, which takes enough of the edge off that I can get through the day.  If I can, I'll have a coke or pepsi, too.  That really helps.

I got migraines occasionally before, but this every day nonsense sucks.

Happy Spring!.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Again, I have posted a lot and if anyone get tired of hearing this adise just lmk lol!! I was getting them too and was prescribed Fioricet. The Dr told me it was harmless to baby. I had to take one today because I have been fighting a headache for 2 days and it is a wonderful drug!! 1 of them and 5 min later I was feelin' fine.....makes it easier to go to work and to care for my 3 yr old! Hope this helps and hope you start feeling better!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I too suffer from headaches and my goal is to not take anything because if I took Tylenol everytime I had a headache it would be way too much!!

My midwife told me that having a small amount of caffeine (like green tea) will help with the headaches and it has definitely made a difference.  I only have one cup of green tea every other day or so. 

When I do have a migraine, however, my remedy is to soak a washcloth in water with a couple of drops of pure peppermint essential oil and put it over my face while laying down in a luke warm shower with the water spraying my entire body, and my feet up on the wall.  Doing deep breathing with the peppermint does wonders for the incessant head pounding.  If I am really desperate I will take one or two Tylenol along with my remedy.

Hope this helps!

• I too have been getting really bad migraines every 1 to 2 weeks. I mentioned it to my Dr. and he said it's normal and due to low blood pressure and that caffiene would help. He told me I can have up to 3 medium coffees a day. I usually only have one in the morning but if I feel a headache coming on in the afternoon I'll have another (or a pepsi) and it usually helps. He also suggested Tylenol, which really only takes the edge off. And I also started getting prenatal massages every 1 to 2 weeks which I find really helps too.

I also agree with the other posts about the cold cloth on the head, warm showers/baths and I find that I don't get as many headaches if I am getting enough sleep - which can be very challenging these days! Hope you are feeling better soon!

• I had this really bad towards the end of 1st tri / beginning of 2nd and my doctor said to stop being so shy about tylenol. His opinion is that it is better for mama to be happy and feeling good and productive than for baby to avoid small occasional doses of tylenol (which in small occasional doses are safe).  Have you already been diagnosed with migranes?  It might be worth asking your OB if in really dire cases there is anything (perhaps your current Rx is ok once in a while?) you can take that is a bit stronger.

I also tried to do a better job of staying hydrated, and drinking lots more water really helped me.  I haven't had a headache in 5 or 6 weeks now (knock on wood), so it did stop for me eventually- hang in there, I feel your pain!!

• i was having them too...and i did some research and found that in some people things like PMS, drinking, and pregnancy can cause their magnesium levels to drop. i went to the drug store and bought a huge bottle of magnesium for like $6 and after about a week i started feeling much better! still get them occasionally and some are still bad, but i was having them for weeks at a time non-stop. i still drink tons of water and if i do get one, usually a little caffeine will help i now only take tylenol if they get really bad...but before was taking 5 at a time since nothing else was helping hope this helps
  • Blinding headaches! They suck. I've just been taking regular strength tylenol and covering my eyes to block the light. It's the source of my insomnia. terrible.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagebables21:
    Again, I have posted a lot and if anyone get tired of hearing this adise just lmk lol!! I was getting them too and was prescribed Fioricet. The Dr told me it was harmless to baby. I had to take one today because I have been fighting a headache for 2 days and it is a wonderful drug!! 1 of them and 5 min later I was feelin' fine.....makes it easier to go to work and to care for my 3 yr old! Hope this helps and hope you start feeling better!!

my doctor gave me this too.... I've only needed to take it once, but it worked wonderfully!

• I've always suffered from headaches but now they've turned into migraines.  I def feel your pain.  You can take advil up until week 28.  After week 28 it can prematurely close a heart valve.  So i take advil when i have to but I had to have my midwife call in a prescription for tylenol with codeine.  I was missing work and not getting anything done in the house.  I'm 18 wks and they've gotten better.  Hope you feel better.:)
  • it's just about every other day i get them and can't get rid of them...i take one tylenol and i don't think it works for me...i was an advil girl until i became pregnant and i obviously can't take it...

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"