3rd Trimester

If you knew it was your last night....

We are now officially scheduled to be induced on Wednesday morning! Hooray! So, tomorrow night I am reporting for an overnight in L&D to get stuff started.... that being said... that means tonight is my last night at home before EVERYTHING changes... so...

What would you do? You have 24 hours at home to do whatever you want before reporting to the hospital... what would you do with your time? Any "lasts" that you would make sure to get in before bringing baby home?

Right now on my list includes a long hot shower, AND a long bubble bath, cleaning the kitchen, bathroom and dusting the living room, packing our hospital bags, writing thank you cards for the gifts I got over the weekend, and finding the cat a couple bigger bowls for food and water while we are gone...and of course, having sex tonight or tomorrow seeing as it's going to be a while! LOL

*~~*~~*3-30-33*~~*~~*

Re: If you knew it was your last night....

• I was induced with DD and the day that I went in to the hospital for my induction I cleaned, went to the grocery store and then relaxed for the next few hrs until I had to be admitted.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If this is your first LO, I would stock up on food and snacks that don't require a lot to prepare, unless you are fortunate enough to have someone close by who is going to help with those items when you get home.  As far as R&R items, a nice pedicure, a good movie or two, and definitely cuddle time with DH.

I mentioned the food thing because I stocked up on things to make "meals" when DS was born, but quickly discovered that neither of us had the energy to cook full blown meals.  I would have been better off with sandwich meat, cheese, crackers, fresh fruit, and other things I could eat while trying to get DS to latch on.  DH did the best he could, but with his business (he builds custom homes) it was hard to take off for several days when DS made his entrance into the world.  This time we will have more help!

• Loading the player...
  • i would probably share a nice dinner with dh.  and cook something with lots of leftovers that would be waiting for me when i got home.

and make sure that all of the bills had been paid.

• I would have a nice dinner with DH... and then SLEEP. SLEEP A LOT.
    Photobucket Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Today is my last night and I just took a nice hot shower. My husband is bringing us dinner. We hung out the whole day, ran errands, paid bills, and went grocery shopping. After dinner it's cuddle time and bed time. I plan on sleeping since I need to be there at 6 am for an 8 am c-section. 
  • i'd sit back with whole block of choclate and think to myself "this is the last time i can consume this whole block without feeling the guilt of the extra calories i'd just consumed without just reasoning"
  • Tonight is actually that night for me! I am getting induced tomorrow morning at 5:30 am. Today I just finished up washing all the baby clothes I have been putting off washing. I washed all my clothes and did a full sweep of cleaning the house. I re-organized all the baby clothes because the drawers were cramped full. Now its 8 and I am ready to relax a little, probably take a long hot bath while reading my pregnancy book. Just gonna watch some tv and TRY to sleep. I know I have a big day ahead of me. I just am sooo anxious and excited I don't know how well I am going to sleep tonight! Wish me luck! =) Good luck to you as well!

• imagehelenejr:
    i'd sit back with whole block of choclate and think to myself "this is the last time i can consume this whole block without feeling the guilt of the extra calories i'd just consumed without just reasoning"

Haha this!!! Or whatever your guilty pleasure is...Mine will probably be a Butterfinger Blizzard!  I am also being induced Wednesday, so I am trying to figure out what we need to do tomorrow!  So far on my list is go to the grocery store, have sex one last time, and take a nice hot bath.  I might also take my ambien about 8pm so that I can get one good full night of sleep before she arrives...I have to be at the hospital at 6:30 am so I just hope I could get up to go!

Hmm maybe I should also get my carseat installed...I can't believe I put it off this long!!!! 

image April 2, 2011 Exclusive Pumping Facebook Group http://www.facebook.com/groups/113592028761826/ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • KERJFKERJF member

go out to a nice dinner with DH.

grab some chocolate and cuddle up for a movie for the night at home. 

oh, and lets be honest. i would probably request and ice cream cone, or a sonic strawberry limeaid on the way home. 

imageimage
  • I have a sched c/s so I will have my last night before 2U2 the saturday after next- eek!

Honestly, DD will stay at my Dads house and we will most likely clean, grocery shop, finish packing, drop the dogs off at the kennel and maybe wind down by reflecting on DDs birth almost 2 years ago.

• Honestly? I'd hire a maid for after baby comes, not worry about cleaning, and go out for an adult night out. Nice dinner and maybe a movie? 

You won't be "childless" ever again, so enjoy the last night as just the two of you, and save the "chores" for later! :D 

• I went out for a big lunch knowing I wouldnt be able to eat for awhile.. lol!
  • I'd take a bubble bath or shower, maybe do my nails, get an awesome take out dinner and a movie, cuddle up with DH in bed in fresh sheets to watch our movie and sleeeeeeep! (if I could!).  All that being said, I feel you on the kitchen and bathroom - but I'd probably get DH to take care of that while I relax.... kinda selfish sounding, but I think you're due.

Caitlin 4.17.11     Madeline 10.20.13

• imagemegkay210:

Tonight is actually that night for me! I am getting induced tomorrow morning at 5:30 am. Today I just finished up washing all the baby clothes I have been putting off washing. I washed all my clothes and did a full sweep of cleaning the house. I re-organized all the baby clothes because the drawers were cramped full. Now its 8 and I am ready to relax a little, probably take a long hot bath while reading my pregnancy book. Just gonna watch some tv and TRY to sleep. I know I have a big day ahead of me. I just am sooo anxious and excited I don't know how well I am going to sleep tonight! Wish me luck! =) Good luck to you as well!

This!  I am being induced tomorrow morning at 5 am.  DH and I organized the house some, packed the car with our bags and car seat and then just sat cuddled on the couch watching various things on netflix.  I got a mani/pedi Sunday afternoon so I was perfectly fine with vegging on the couch today.  I am now bumping from my tub sitting in a nice warm bubble bath by candlelight.  Good luck to us all having babies this week.  Wishing butter births to us all! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My last night was last night. I cleaned, got things ready, arranged people to take care of our dog for a few days -- then went for a late dinner at the diner and came home to a book and bed.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I would snuggle with DD all night long. That's it. Ok, and maybe a little snuggling with DH too, but he's a DD hog, so I'd try to get her to myself.

And cry.

• I have a scheduled c-section, and I'll tell you exactly what I'm going to do the day before! LOL

DH and I are dropping the kids off with relatives and completely skipping Easter all together (RSC is April 25th). We are going to finish any and all household laundry and last minute deep cleaning, we're going out to eat for all three meals for our favorite things, packing hospital bags, and taking an Ambien at 8 PM so we'll get a nice night's sleep before the big day. Yes 

Exciting, right?

Photobucket
  • imagelaurmarie7:
    I would have a nice dinner with DH... and then SLEEP. SLEEP A LOT.

This!! 

• Go out to dinner with DH and see a movie at the theater...that's what we were planning to do after my 39 week appointment when I was pregnant with DS but instead I went into labor that afternoon and gave birth the next day. I'm sad we never had our last date night!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"