3rd Trimester

Have you/would you do a belly casting?

There's a new trend going around... belly casting (a way to memorialize your bump by creating a plaster sculpture of your pregnant belly). Have you/would you do a belly casting? 

Take our poll, & also post your comments below!

[Poll]

Re: Have you/would you do a belly casting?

• What in the h*ll would you do with it later?  Keep it on the shelf to collect dust?  No thanks.
  • imagelola6711:
    What in the h*ll would you do with it later?  Keep it on the shelf to collect dust?  No thanks.

This, exactly.

Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 BFP 03/26/13 IT'S A BOY! Please Be Our Rainbow! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagekathygrzywnowicz:

imagelola6711:
    What in the h*ll would you do with it later?  Keep it on the shelf to collect dust?  No thanks.

This, exactly.

LOL, I did with my first PG and this is exactly what happened.  It sits in the basement, looking all creepy, collecting dust.  hah.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker 

October 2012: Missed Miscarriage, Baby with no heartbeat, stopped growing after 7 wks 
    November 2012: D&C
  • I agree with PPs... what would I do with it in 5 years?  That is why I do belly shots, so I have pictures of how my belly grew.  I don't need to see it in plaster.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Leah - 6.28.09

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lorelei - 4.23.11

Books Read:
    2013 - 4
    2012 - 50 2011 - 47 2010 - 57
    2009 - 71 2008 - 108 2007 - 33
  • DH wants to do this, but he thinks it would be funny to set out on the table filled with chips and dip once we have people over after the babies born.....needless to say we will NOT be doing this =)
  • I did one and it was so much fun! DH plastered me up, peeled it off and we plan on painting it. I love holding it and looking at how baby is leaning to my right side. I caught DH holding it and looking at it. He's impressed with his work. We both think it was a really neat way to celebrate the pregnancy.
  • LMAO at the pp about the chips and dip bowl!!! Almost makes me want to do it as a joke...salsa and sour cream in the ta-tas and chips in the belly part!! Hahaha I needed a good laugh this morning ;) BTW that is prob the only useful thing you could do with one so I did vote no...just one more thing to clutter up my house
    Munchies First Beach DayLogan ~ 2 months old Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary imageimageimage
  • I mean maybe, but probably not.  I'm too cheap and, like everyone else has been saying, what would I do with it later?  I do love the idea of chips and dip, though.  Hilarious, clever, and delightfully creepy.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagelola6711:

You could use it as a chip & dip bowl or to hand out candy on Halloween. OR serve pasta in it with a red sauce in one boob and a white sauce or pesto in the other.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • not sure if i will do one. but a friend of mine asked to paint hers for her. it was all winnie the pooh themed like her nursery it actually came out pretty cute 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"