March 2011 Moms

41+ weeks?

Who on here is past 41 weeks? I don't mean to complain, but being this over-due and seeing the last few of the March mammas who aren't due yet complain about the long wait is really starting to wear on me. :( 

My LO is lower than -1 station (MW didn't say how much), perfect position; I'm 3-4cm/80-90%; and have had 2 5hr sets of "false" labor, but real labor hasn't kicked in yet. For those of you who were overdue, was there anything you did that you think helped kick labor into gear? I've tried sex, walking 1.5-3 miles a day, evening primrose oil, and a few other random things. If LO's not here by the end of the week, I'll have to go to the hospital to get induced, and we don't have that kind of money (DH's a student). I'm getting really discouraged... 

Edit to Add: I've also had my membranes stripped twice, and tried some accupressure.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 41+ weeks?

• I'm not due yet which is why I try to be positive and know it'll happen eventually.

Does your insurance not cover induction?

image Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • JM712JM712 member
    I can't be of any help, but I can sympathize with you!  I am 41 wks and 3 days. The biggest issue I am having now is constantly worrying that something is going to go wrong.  Everything I read about weeks 41-42 focuses on all the things that can go wrong.  I am going to the doctor today and am hoping that I can push my induction date up from Friday to Wednesday because I just can't take the stress anymore.  I feel like at that point, I have given my body ample time to go into labor on its own, so I don't feel bad about having to be induced.  What are your concerns about the induction?  Are you mostly worried about the money (like pp said, does your insurance not cover it?) or about the process of being induced?  Good luck to both of us!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm 41+ weeks.  My doctor won't induce me because of my previous c-section.  I was having lots of contractions last week, but I haven't had many since Thursday.  I have a doctor's appointment today.  I'm hoping for some positive news.  I don't want to have a c-section after waiting this long.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageTwinkz:

Does your insurance not cover induction?

Well, we technically don't have insurance. But we're part of a group that collaborates and helps pay each other's bills. We'd have to pay out-of-pocket first and get reimbursed later, which isn't horrible, but finances are really tight. I know things will work out in the end, but it's a bit stressful when I've been planning to birth with a MW, not in the hospital.

• Sometimes having the membranes stripped can help. It's not a lovely feeling (I found it to be a bit more painful than a cervical check), but if it works, it's absolutely worth it. I've also heard nipple stimulation, enemas, acupressure/puncture, etc. The following site has a list of some natural labor induction methods. https://www.suite101.com/content/natural-ways-to-induce-labor-a10883 I hope this works as a link. Otherwise, there's always copy & paste. Smile HTH!

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
  • imageBelMack:

Sometimes having the membranes stripped can help. It's not a lovely feeling (I found it to be a bit more painful than a cervical check), but if it works, it's absolutely worth it. I've also heard nipple stimulation, enemas, acupressure/puncture, etc. The following site has a list of some natural labor induction methods. https://www.suite101.com/content/natural-ways-to-induce-labor-a10883 I hope this works as a link. Otherwise, there's always copy & paste. Smile HTH!

I've had my membranes stripped twice and we've tried accupressure. (I edited the original post to include these). I'll take a look at the site and see if there's anything that might help. 

• i'm not to 41 yet, but definitely due and ready to be DONE!  I don't want to be induced either. I'm dying to go into labor and haven't had a single sign yet.  Good luck.. I'll share some of my remaining labor dust!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm still here and over 41 weeks and losing my mind. Last week/weekend were the worst as far as waiting. I am being induced tomorrow but almost wish I could just go in now. I have so much anxiety at this point. Just want my baby to be here safe and sound.
    BFP #1- 12/3/09, EDD- 8/7/10, Missed M/C at 8 weeks & D&C- 1/5/10, BFP #2- July 2010, Baby Charlie Born March 29, 2011, BFP #3- 4/12/12- EDD- 12/21/12, Missed M/C at 10 1/2 weeks 5/29/12, D&C 6/1/12- testing results showed triploidy, IF testing all normal, February 2013- IUI#1, femara, follistim, trigger =BFN, March 2013- IUI#2, femara, follistim, trigger= BFP #4, 3/20/12, Beta#1 16dpo= 397, Beta #2 18dpo= 1037, Beta#3 24dpo= 11,589- EDD 11/30/13- It's a Girl!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh goodness, I know exactly how you feel! I was due on March 23rd, and I am now getting induced on the 30th if he doesnt come before that, but I have had a pre labor run tothe hospital. I'm -1 station, my cervix is still not completely dilated. I am a little scared to be induced, but you know you gotta do wat you gotta do to make sure the baby is healthy. I did sit on an exercise ball for like 3 days and that helped a lot!! Maybe try that...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"