3rd Trimester
Options

bottle sterilizer?

is this needed or not? I received it at my shower and while I'm grateful, we are short on space. We were just going to use the dishwasher. Dos this work better? Its a tommy tippee sterilizer. Thanks!

Re: bottle sterilizer?

• Options
    This is my first baby, so I do not know from personal experience, but I would say it is just a luxury item. Since it was a gift there is not any financial loss to you, but if you really do not have the space for it you should return it. You could use the money to buy something else that is a little more needed. =) Maybe someone else will have used one before and give you a better opinion though!
  • Options
    In my opinion they are un-needed.  But to each his own.  For me, boiling water on the stove + the dishwasher works just as well!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't think they're necessary. Ranks up there with wipes warmers, bottle warmers, and pee-pee tee-pees to me.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    If you have a dishwasher then you def don't need it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Nope! Not at all. Just wash with warm water and dish soap. I had microwave steam bags for my breast pump parts that I would use for the regular bottles and nipples though... Like once a week or so. They don't take up as much space and you can use one bag 20x.
  • Options
    I'd return it. When I did sterilize my bottles, I just did them in a stockpot of boiling water. Far easier with zero cost.

May 2011 Siggy Challenge
    imageimageimage

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    I would definitely return it, especially since you have a dishwasher.   Use the store credit for diapers or something else you need. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • Options
    I got one at my shower also,  I used it the other day to sterilize my bottles, nipples and pacifiers.  I liked it I thought it was much easier than boiling water on the stove top.  It only takes 3 mins.  I don't know if I am going to use it every time considering I do have a dishwasher.  It was nice when I decided to sterilize everything!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"