March 2011 Moms

I have no idea if I'm going into labor...

I feel like an idiot! Today is my due date. At my appt. yesterday I was 4cm and 70% effaced. My Dr. said she tried to "aggravate things" when she checked me, but did not strip my membranes. I had cramping throughout the day, nothing I couldn't handle though, and have had no spotting. Today I had some loose stools and have had a consistent lower backache. I've been timing what I think might be contractions at 8-9min apart. Hubby is working an hour away and keeps asking me if he should come home and I have no idea what to tell him. Does this sound like pre labor?

Re: I have no idea if I'm going into labor...

• when my labor started I was on the toilet for an hour on and off, but mostly on.  I also had a clear/blood tinged mucus all day and was feeling sleeping and nauseated.  If the poops are coming, and you feel pushy then it could be the real deal.  Hope this helps!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • It sounds like early labor to me. I had a lower back ache, pressure between my hips and irregular contractions. I lost my mucous plug/had my bloody show the next night (I had a very long labor). I'd keep timing the contractions but I never really had "regular" contractions except while I was sleeping. If you feel ready to go to the hospital then I would. Although laboring at home might be more comfortable being in the hospital laboring is more comforting (you can get drugged up, if you're going that route). Good luck, sounds promising!
    BFP 7/17/12 DD#1 3/10/10 BFP 3/26/12 Natural MC 4/11/12 #2 Due 3/30/12
  • Loading the player...
  • It won't hurt to go to the hospital. The worst that might happen is they'll tell you no you're not in labor and then send you home.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • It does kinda seem like it. You are more than half effaced and almost half dilated. Do the contractions feel like they are getting closer together and hurting more?? If so I would DEFINITELY tell your husband to come home cause you should be safe than sorry. The loose stools are a sign too. Maybe you should call your hospital and tell them and see what they think about it. Good luck!!! =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"