August 2011 Moms

How would you pronounce?

I was just wondering how you guys would pronounce the name Alyse just by looking at it? 

Me and my SO are having a hard time on names this time around and are disagreeing how this name would be pronounced. TIA 

Re: How would you pronounce?

• A-leese (with a long sounding A).

DS#1- Born August 2011 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Sorry if i dont describe this right!  :) but it looks like "Auhh-lease" is that right?
  • Loading the player...
  • imageamdraza:
    A-leese (with a long sounding A).

yes,. what she said :D

• imagehsunij:
    Sorry if i dont describe this right!  :) but it looks like "Auhh-lease" is that right?

I agree

Married & TTC #1 since 8/28/10 BFP #1 10/25/10 - EDD 7/5/11 -M/C 11/10/10 BFP #2 12/16/10 - EDD 8/26/11 - BORN 8/10/11 Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ah leese. I like it spelled Elise, better. With the spelling you used, I would think people would either stumble over it or might even say Alice.
  • Probably just like I would pronounce the name Elyse
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That's exactly what I was going for  but my SO was coming up with sounding like Alice. So I was confused because Alice isn't what I would register it as. 
  • ijackijack member

imageamdraza:
    A-leese (with a long sounding A).

this

Emma - March '08 Quinn - August '11
    Need help with high fat food ideas? Chunky Monkey
  • imageBetsyDavis:
    That's exactly what I was going for  but my SO was coming up with sounding like Alice. So I was confused because Alice isn't what I would register it as. 

Nope, they're completely different.  Alice is just that...Alice (it's my name actually).  I read the name as A-leese.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageLindsRockies:

"Uh-lease"

This. 

• imageSara*n*Ryan:
    Ah leese. I like it spelled Elise, better. With the spelling you used, I would think people would either stumble over it or might even say Alice.

This.

• imageLindsRockies:

"Uh-lease"

This is how I would pronounce it.  I cheered with a girl with this name, and it's how she pronounced it. 

• imagehsunij:
    Sorry if i dont describe this right!  :) but it looks like "Auhh-lease" is that right?

This. 

• imagehsunij:

This

• i would pronounce it 'uh-leese'
  • I would say it like Elise (Uh-Leese)
  • Uh-leece
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • That's my middle name -- names after my great grandma. We pronounce it like PPs have said -- Uh--leese.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageSara*n*Ryan:
    Ah leese. I like it spelled Elise, better. With the spelling you used, I would think people would either stumble over it or might even say Alice.

Agreed. 

• imageCrash Into Me:

I would say it like A-lease or Alice.

If you're going for Elise, then spell it correctly.  If that's not what you're going for then I'm sorry I can't help.

yep.  

• Ah-lease.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"