3rd Trimester

Does anyone else NOT have leaky boobs?

I keep hearing about leaky boobs, and I don't have them.  I mean nothing.  It is probably the only pregnancy symptom that I have not had.  (Seriously, at 38.5 weeks, I am starting to feel that way!)  It makes me wonder if I will have trouble breastfeeding.  Any thoughts on this?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Does anyone else NOT have leaky boobs?

• I have had zero leakage but I don't think it's necessarily an indicator of breastfeeding issues early on.
    TTC #2
    BFP 3/28/16 (EDD 12/9/16) * Chemical pregnancy
    ME: 40 yrs.old
    DH: 41 yrs.old
    DD: 5 yrs.

• I don't either but you're a little ahead of me.  For the record, I've read that not everyone deals with this so it shouldn't be any indication of your ability to BF.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker LFWisBack Our Guardian Angels: 11.06 * 6.09 * 12.11
  • Loading the player...
  • I had zero leakage of any kind with DS, and my milk came in on day 4 and I EBF for 8.5 months.  One has nothing to do with the other. GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't have leaky boobs and did not have them with my oldest and had no issues with breastfeeding.  
  • I don't have any leaky boobs
  • imageBejebus:
    I had zero leakage of any kind with DS, and my milk came in on day 4 and I EBF for 8.5 months.  One has nothing to do with the other. GL!

That's good to know!  So, basically I should just be happy that I haven't had to deal with leaky boobs!  I guess I'll have to find something new to worry about, lol.

• Lurking from 1st Tri...

FWIW, I didn't leak before DS was born - and rarely leaked for the year we BFd.  I don't think leaking is an indication of breastfeeding success at all. 

• With DS I didn't leak at all ahead of time, but thankfully had a really easy time breastfeeding for his first year.

Rachel and Jeff Married 5.29.05

Jason is 8

Elizabeth is 6

Katherine is 18 months 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • My breastfeeding books say that some women leak and some don't and it has NOTHING to do with whether you'll be able to breastfeed or not. Count yourself lucky! (I have had zero leaking too, and was worried also until I read this in my books....)
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I didn't leak with DS at all and I nursed him for 22 or 23 months.  I am starting to leak a little in the shower these days, but I assume that's because my boobs are so used to nursing already.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I am so glad you asekd this!  I have not had any leaky boobs, and carefully inspect them to see any action.  I am glad to know this is no indication of whether I can breastfeed or not. 
  • i didn't leak with ds and i haven't leaked this time either.  i nursed ds for two years no problems.  don't worry about- be happy you're not leaky :)
    bound to cover just a little more ground Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i had no leaking and even if i would try to squeeze them nothing would come out.  i went on to excessively breastfeed my son till he was 13.5 months old.  don't worry, you will be fine :)
  • I haven't had any leakage at all, but from everything I have read that is not an indicator that I'll have trouble breastfeeding.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Ok ladies, I feel really dumb asking this, so I'm tacking it into this conversation.

I haven't had any leaking either and they don't hurt, so I've let DH keep playing with them during sexy time.  My question is, is there a time that I need to make him stop?

1.  I know that nipple stimulation can cause contractions, but

2.  The baby is not going to come until she is ready...

so I'm kind of at a loss here, and I always forget to ask my doctor when I'm there.

• I just went to a breastfeeding class last night and this came up. The lactation consultant teacher said that some women leak and some do not, but that it is NO indication of future supply whatsoever.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • not a drop
    Neil and Kristin 7-26-2008 image. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No leaking with either pregnancy, and I BFed DD for almost 18 months with no problems.  In fact, the only problem I had was oversupply once my milk came in.  As an added bonus, I had no problems with leaking once DD weaned.  Maybe you'll have the same luck.
  • I had NO leaking with 1st pregnancy. It took my milk a few extra days to come in fully, had to supplement a bit the first week with DD, however, we had a great 12 months of breastfeeding after that.  I don't know if it is related, just wanted to share my experience.

• I haven't had any leakage yet. I am kind of relieved that my boobs aren't leaking yet because I don't want to wear nursing pads in my bra until baby is here.
    DD1: May 2011
    DD2: February 2014

• I leaked a lot more with DS than this time around. I don't think it means anything at all relating to breastfeeding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"