2nd Trimester
Options

Anyone else with belly piercings?

What did you do (take it out or leave it in)? 

I really don't want to take mine out (I've had it for 12 years and it's just grown on me!), but already it's been getting "rubbed" a lot since my tummy is protruding a bit and it hurts.  It literally has never hurt before since the first few months that I had it, but my stomach is normally really flat so nothing ever rubs against it.  I can only imagine that it's going to get worse with each passing week.

I've heard that there are "pregnancy" belly rings that you can put in for when things really start to stretch, and although it does not sound very attractive, I might consider it.  Has anyone done this?

Or am I crazy to think I can keep it anymore and I should just let it go? 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Anyone else with belly piercings?

• Options
    I took mine out a few months before I got pregnant, and it looks like shit. I have a nice little stretch mark between where the piercing was and my belly button...nice.?
  • Options
    Umm.yeah I would advise taking it out. Your belly is going to get bigger and your belly button will possible become and outie. The hole isn't going to close up since you've had it so long, plus you are saying it hurts! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I took mine out, had to, couldn't take it anymore.  My piercing hole looks horrible, stretched and red.  I have scarring because mine partially migrated when I first got it.  I wish I had never done it :(
  • Options
    I took mine out after I found out that i was pg and am now used to it not being there.
  • Options
    Took it out and like it better gone.
  • Options
    had one when I was pg first time and took it out when I was about 3 months pg with no intention of putting it back in. I sort of miss it but mostly don't since post-baby belly never got back to flat for me anyway...
  • Options
    ditto on liking it out now. and the red ugly strethmark that appears in between where you got it done. so wish i had it out a long time ago
  • Options
    No but i have a tattoo i probably got a little too high on my hip
  • Options
    Had mine for about 10 years. Took it out a couple months before pregnancy.  Doesn't look any different.
  • Options
    I've had mine for 7 years and wasn't ready to give it up yet either.  I still have mine in.  I did get one of those pregnancy rings and its been working out really well for me.  My belly button has already popped out, so it does stick out a little, but I don't mind.  I'm going to try and keep it in as long as possible, but have a feeling once my belly gets bigger it might start bumping into things and hurting...we'll see.  The pregnancy ring I got is cute -- it has baby booties on it and I have another one with a rattle -- here is a link to where I got them.  https://www.body-jewelry-shop.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=888
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have one, and when I was preg with my son, I left it in as long as possible, but ended up taking it out.  After I had my son (a few days after), with the help if a little bit of lube, it slipped right back in.  I intend to do the same this time around.  I think since I've had it so long, the hole didn't grow shut.
  • Options

I took mine out when I found out.  I had it for 11 years and I feel naked!! And sad...it was my last body piercing I had in.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"