Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Moms of babies with milk allergies

What are you doing for milk substitute if your LO Is done with formula?  Asher is on Neocate, but it says that its tailored for nutrition up to 12 months.  He has a lot of other allergies, so he still gets mostly formula.  There is a follow up formula made by the same company, but its EXPENSIVE!! 
Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
<3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
Asher Benjamin  April 2010
Lola Aisling  May 2014

Re: Moms of babies with milk allergies

• We switched from Elecare formula to almond milk at 12 mo per our pedi. At our next visit, the allergist was upset saying she prefers babies with allergies to stay on the formula for 18 mo. If you are seeing an allergist, consult with them to see what they recommend.
    imageimage
  • We moved to soy milk.  Keira is possibly allergic to nuts as well.  So, we are going to see an allergist next month.  We may change then.  I have heard lots of people change to Almond milk.
  • Loading the player...
  • Asher is also allergic to nuts and soy.  Rice Milk doesn't do much for him.  I've heard the coconut milk is pretty good, but I haven't met a lot of moms who have used it after formula. 
    Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • imageABColeslaw:
    Asher is also allergic to nuts and soy.  Rice Milk doesn't do much for him.  I've heard the coconut milk is pretty good, but I haven't met a lot of moms who have used it after formula. 

Our pedi said not to use rice milk because there was not enough protein in it.  Keira tested allergic to soy too but it must be mild because she drinks soy every day.  Allergies are a PITA.  I hope you find something that works for you!

• we are doing almond and soy milk. But our DD doesn't has that bad allergies.

hope you find something less expensive. GL!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We do Soy milk. However if he has a soy allergy then you could do hemp milk. Rice milk and goats milk dont contain the right nutrients, plus 90% of people that are allergic to cows milk are allergic to goats, per my Allergist. Hemp milk made Jacobs eczema worse since its made form seeds and he is sensitive/allergic to seeds. He got hives from mustard seed, and we havent tried anything else in the seed dept. He is also allergic to peanuts and we were told to avoid all nut related things, so thats why we dont do almond milks of any kind. Good luck-its a helluva thing to manage.

Edit: just saw the soy allergy post. My only suggestion is hemp milk then...lots of fats and proteins!!!

Jacob Alexander 7/23/09
    Allergic to Dairy, Eggs and Peanuts Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Jameson Adam 6/1/11
    Allergic to Peas...so far Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We actually just switched to Neocate Jr., which is recommended for toddlers and older kids with milk allergies. Still expensive, but it's all she can really have. We spoke to a nutritionist about rice or hemp milk, but they feel that there's just not enough nutritional value there right now.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I give my DS Almond Milk. I was breastfeeding (actually I still do 2-3 times a day)...and had to eliminate all milk/whey from my diet when I found out he had the allergy. Allergist said DS might have a soy allergy too so he told us to do Rice Milk or Almond Milk. I was just talking with someone recently about Coconut milk, and I might give that a try sometime.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"