October 2011 Moms
Options

Furthest along without U/S

Just curious... Who here is the furthest along without having seen your bean? I need some encouragement since I wonMt have a U/S until next week.

Re: Furthest along without U/S

• Options
    My first u/s won't be until I am 12w3d pg.  But I think there are some girls on here who aren't having an u/s until their 20 week anatomy scan?
  • Options
    I don't know how this happened and I hate but I won't have an u/s until I'm 14 weeks. It's forever away.
    Sophie Elisabeth 07.23.02 and Charlotte Abigail 12.08.04 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker ~However motherhood comes to you, it's a miracle. ~
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have an appointment next week with my OB. If I don't get an ultrasound at that point I'll probably start shopping for a new doc. I don't believe in unnecessary tests, but I think an ultrasound is worth calming a mother's nerves...
    image BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I get my 1st U/S tomorrow morning (12 weeks 3 days). I also haven't heard a HB yet so I am SO GLAD my appt is finally here!
  • Options

imageUFCasey:
    My first u/s won't be until I am 12w3d pg.  But I think there are some girls on here who aren't having an u/s until their 20 week anatomy scan?

This. I won't have an u/s until my 20 week anatomy scan. H will be deployed, so I'm kind of bummed about it all.  We're going to wait to find out the gender since he can't be there for the appt, but now I wish I could move the u/s in general so he's there.

• Options
    When I was pregnant with my DD, my first ultrasound was at 13 weeks and I think 3 days or 4 days. The good thing about you waiting until 11 weeks is that it'll be easy to get a clear picture of your baby. You'll see little arms, legs, fingers, and toes! So exciting! With this little one, my first ultrasound was at 8 weeks and it looked like... two little blobs, one bigger and one smaller smooshed together... amorphous really. So your first view of your baby will be a really cool one. I wish I could get another u/s before 20 weeks with this LO!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • Options
    My first will be at 12 weeks 6 days.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I only had one u/s with my son and it was at 20 weeks.
  • Options
    My ob/gyn doesn't do an ultrasound until you're 20 weeks! I'm 10 weeks, 2 days now and haven't heard the heartbeat yet either. I have an appointment next week so hopefully we will get to hear the heartbeat then.
  • Options
    imageAlsMcGals:

imageUFCasey:

This. I won't have an u/s until my 20 week anatomy scan. H will be deployed, so I'm kind of bummed about it all.  We're going to wait to find out the gender since he can't be there for the appt, but now I wish I could move the u/s in general so he's there.

Are you on Tricare?  I'm on Prime and they are doing an 'early' (10-12 week) one. 

I haven't had a scheduled u/s yet.  Have one a week from today (11w3d).  I had one during an ER visit, but that was before there was a hb...so I still haven't seen or heard that yet.

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• Options
    I won't have one until 20 weeks
    siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894 photo siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894-1_zpscf1469c3.jpg
  • Options
    imageJunebug060609:
    imageAlsMcGals:

imageUFCasey:

Are you on Tricare?  I'm on Prime and they are doing an 'early' (10-12 week) one. 

I haven't had a scheduled u/s yet.  Have one a week from today (11w3d).  I had one during an ER visit, but that was before there was a hb...so I still haven't seen or heard that yet.

I am on Prime and I have one next week on Wednesday and I'll be 11w4d. I had one also at 5w2d because my cycles were so irregular but I didn't see or hear the heartbeat then either (the tech didn't even mention it and since it was all so new to me I didn't even think to ask!). They are supposed to check the heartbeat at every appointment even if you don't have an ultrasound, according to Tricare. Good luck at your appointments girls!

• Options
    imageAlsMcGals:

imageUFCasey:

Call your doctor and tell them H will be deployed! Tell them he needs to see his baby!!!  That's crazy!  Sorry...I get angry about deployments and things daddies have to miss!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageAlsMcGals:

imageUFCasey:

I had some other thoughts for you:

Ask about the NT scan.  Tricare is covering mine.  I asked about it thinking they'd deny it and she didn't hesitate to schedule it...said its one that they'll run if asked.  Ask. 

Also, one of the other military wives on the board went to an u/s place on her own and paid out-of-pocket (<$50) to see her little ones before her scheduled u/s with Tricare.  Is there that in your area? 

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• Options
    I had my first at 11 weeks.  No biggie.

Oscar born October 2011

Miscarriage at 8 weeks (August 2013)

DD due September 1, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker