Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

UPDATE: Thank you for your prayers!!

I'm back from the endocrinologist, and I got the best news EVER!!!

I DON'T HAVE THYROID CANCER!!!

It appears to just be a small, fluid filled cyst on my thyroid, that they'll watch in the future, but it's not a concern for now.

As for the high thyroid numbers, she said it's likely that I have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis.  Basically it means that my body thinks that my thyroid is a foreign object, so my white blood cells are attacking it, which makes it unable to produce.

And it's easily treatable with medication!

The only concern I still have is that my blood work before tested positive for Epstein-Barr (Mono).  The endocrinologist thinks this is why I'm so tired all the time.  But she didn't give me any suggestions on how to make it better.  Thoughts?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: UPDATE: Thank you for your prayers!!

• So happy for you. Scary stuff for a mommy to deal with.

IAmPregnant Ticker

• The Hashimoto's can make you really tired too (my mom has it).  Once you start the meds and are on them for a week or two you should start to feel better.  Testing positive for Epstein Barr doesnt mean you actively have it, it just means you had it at one point or were exposed to it so your blood work shows anti-bodies.  Give it a few weeks on the thyroid medication and you should feel better (if not, call your Dr).
  • Loading the player...
  • I've actually been on the Synthroid since December.  She said they won't be upping the meds because my TSH is testing normal, which means I'm at the level I should be.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • thank GOD
    DD-2/7/10
    BFP-4/8/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"