Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Add us to the one and done club

After much debate, we have decided that DS will be our one and only.

It was a hard decision, but we know it is the responsible thing to do.  We have a very high chance (60%) of having another child with the same condition as DS.  Not only would that be hard in and of itself, it is also a huge financial burden that we wouldn't be able to handle well. 

I am grieving right now for sure though.  For the large family we will never have that I always really wanted, for never being able to breastfeed (DS couldn't) etc. 

Hopefully in a few days I will be able to focus on all the good things we will be able to do now that we wouldn't have been able to do otherwise. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Add us to the one and done club

• oh, I'm so sorry. I just said a prayer for you, I hope you can feel good about this very soon.
    ~Christina S~ EST: 9/27/08        *May 2015 Jan. Signature Challenge-
                                                     You had one job- Parents magazine

BFP-3/17/14 --M/C 4/25/14

• I am so sorry!  We are pretty much one and done and I am still hoping we can have another.  I keep wanting to try to be positive and say, "At least I have my sweet girl".  We just can't afford another one financially right now and I am 35.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry. It is such a hard decision to make.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm sorry...hugs.  Right Hug
  • I'm so sorry:(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you everyone!  It was a very hard decision to make.  I am hoping for some peace about it real soon.
  • Such a hard decision. You should feel good that you looked at all the scenarios and made the best choice for your family. Things don't generally turn out how we pictured they would, but that is o.k. I am still agonizing over this one too.

IAmPregnant Ticker

• Im sorry... but just think you will give your one LO the best possible life you can give them
  • imagetwoasone1:

After much debate, we have decided that DS will be our one and only.

It was a hard decision, but we know it is the responsible thing to do.  We have a very high chance (60%) of having another child with the same condition as DS.  Not only would that be hard in and of itself, it is also a huge financial burden that we wouldn't be able to handle well. 

I am grieving right now for sure though.  For the large family we will never have that I always really wanted, for never being able to breastfeed (DS couldn't) etc. 

Hopefully in a few days I will be able to focus on all the good things we will be able to do now that we wouldn't have been able to do otherwise. 

It's a hard decision to make.  We're not part of the one and done club yet, but in a few years, unless a doctor tells me what is wrong, and what I can do to fix it, then I am part of the club too.  I have issues with placental abruptions and have had 2 losses and ds was a preemie.  I have definitely grieved over it,  but I am getting to the point where I am becoming ok with ds being the only child.

• I understand your sorrow, but let me say welcome to the club with big open arms!  We made the same decision for similar reasons, but before we TTC Snuggle.

Have you considered maybe being a foster family or volunteering with children's organizations?  I might help channel your energy and resources to benefit children who need it.  Just a suggestion!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"