Babies: 0 - 3 Months

how do you get baby poop out of their clothes???

It stains soooo bad!  I'v tried a few things and it seems that color bleach works well, but still doesn't get it all!

UGH!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: how do you get baby poop out of their clothes???

• Rub a little dawn dish soap on it before you put it in the wash, works for me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • oxyclean.  it comes in spray bottles for stains
    Formerly known as ms.mittens Jude 12/31/2008 Ezra 2/10/2011 Nora 7/23/2013 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I rinse the clothes with cold water, then spray with Oxyclean stain remover.
  • spray n wash. I will try to get i out in the sink before I stick it straight in the washer. some of DS's  NB clothes ended up getting stained before I really knew what I was doing. So far no issues with DD.
  • Ugh.  I don't know, but I'm glad to hear someone else is having a problem with this! 
  • imagecruelsound:
    Fire.

When in doubt, kill it with fire!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Sun them...it's a widely known fact in the cloth diapering world, but even with clothes you can lay them in the sun for a little while.  Don't dry them, just take them from the wash to the outdoors.  Works really well for breast milk poop.  Formula poop is different, so it might take a little longer in the sun!
  • Spray n wash
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Dreft Stain removing spray. Its a wonder spray :) and smells awesome!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker emsummer6-1 Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I wash LO's clothing in ALL BABY, on cold and line dry them. We FF and none of his clothing has stains.
    Nicholas Aiden Feb.25th,2011 at 12:58pm 5lbs 4oz 18" Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers 32 week 4D Ultra Sound & Born 2/25/2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DH calls DD's poop "devil's poop".  I never knew real stains until faced with getting those mustardy ones out of DD's clothes!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageBalou127:
    Dreft Stain removing spray. Its a wonder spray :) and smells awesome!!!

This. I got some from one of my showers and it works great! 

• imagems.mittens:
    oxyclean.  it comes in spray bottles for stains

This

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I wash it once in Tide Pure and Natural, letting it soak for a couple hours after the washer has filled (I have a top-loader, not sure if this can be done with a side-loader), then finish the cycle and wash again with Dreft... haven't had a problem with staining yet.
  • I bought Dreft Stain Remover that I'm trying as we speak. I have a friend who swears by it, so hopefully it works as well as she says.
    image image image
  • imageATxGal:
    Sun them...it's a widely known fact in the cloth diapering world, but even with clothes you can lay them in the sun for a little while.  Don't dry them, just take them from the wash to the outdoors.  Works really well for breast milk poop.  Formula poop is different, so it might take a little longer in the sun!

This, this, this! DS pooped on one of my favorite outfits on him, and I didn't realize it until AFTER I had washed and dried it. Since I was sunning some diapers anyway, I took a shot at wetting the area and putting it out in the sun. Voila! Adorbz outfit saved, dried on poop stain gone!

• I used dreft detergent and stain remover.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagecruelsound:
    Fire.

NICE! I might have to do this for a few things:)

I nurse so it's those horrible mustard poops!  I can't believe that about the sun, cool!  Tried the dreft baby spray, doesn't work for me:(  

Thank you for the hints, I will be trying them all!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"