Baby Names

What are your guilty pleasure names

What names do you wish you were brave enough to use? If it were guaranteed that their name would have absolutely no negative impact on their future life, never get picked on, get their dream job, and have no troubles whatsoever, what names would you use?

For me

Tuesday Evan (girl)

William Shakespeare

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What are your guilty pleasure names

• Mable for a girl.  I realllly wanted this one for DD (it's DH's grandma's name) and everyone I mentioned it to looked at me like I was insane.  I think it's adorable.

Norman for a boy.  My grandpa's middle name, but I know in my heart it's too dorky.

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • MrsL2MrsL2 member
    I love the name Sebastian (always have) but my dh isnt quite sold on it.. maybe when we are actually having a baby he will come around to it :)
    TTC #1- December 2010 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary image
  • Loading the player...
  • Tuesday is mine as well. Also, Utah for a boy. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Ever and Winter for a girl

Paris for a boy 

• Anastasia. It's just a little tooo.... something for a baby. Which is a shame because it's always been my favorite girl name and I'll probably never get to use it.
    Friends for 15 years. Married 8. TTC since January 2009
    2010 Diagnosis: Anovulation and Severe MFI
    2011 Treatment:
    IVF w/ICSI #1 Antagonist: 2 blasts - c/p - BFN 04.22
    FET #1: 1 blast/1 early blast - BFP 06.22 - m/c 06.30 @6w0d
    07-11 RPL: MTHFR C677T Heterozygous & Slightly elevated ACLA IgM
    FET #2: 1 morula - BFN: 9.02

January '12: IVF #2
    Started BCP and Metformin (New!) 12-14 for stimming in January

Dum spiro, spero.
    ?SAIF/PAIF/PgAL/PAL always welcome?
  • Everly and Summer. I'd never use them though.

Danica 10.22.10 | Milo 12.23.12

PicMonkey Collage3

• Summer is one of mine too! I also secretly like London and Mercedes but would never use them.
  • Allegra.  Stupid allergy medication ruined a perfectly good name! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Totally NMS, but I love these names:

Girl: Portia (keeping Shakespeare, not the car, in mind)

Boy: Parker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • Autumn and September.  Not sure why, but I love them.  I met a girl named September ~15 years ago and always thought it was the coolest name.
    I Can't Resist Those Chubby Cheeks

Dx with endo & blocked left tube - TTC #1 for 29 cycles before miracle BFP, #2 - Surprise!!
    My TTC/PG blog / Panda Phenomenon Explained
  • Paisley. Embarrassed 
    Married 5/31/08 * TTC#1 9/09 - 2/11
    after anovulatory diagnosis and TTC for 1 1/2yrs with several medicated cycles and one chemical pregnancy, we have our first bundle of joy!
    IT'S A GIRL!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    #2 EDD 2/5/13 dx with anti-BIG E antibody, seeing a MFM
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    VOTE on my Name List
    I don't take one single minute for granted.
  • imageJenniferL923:
    Autumn and September.  Not sure why, but I love them.  I met a girl named September ~15 years ago and always thought it was the coolest name.

Your siggy pic is the sweetest picture I have EVER seen! I love the dog laying his head on her like he's protecting her! ::melts heart::

Married 5/31/08 * TTC#1 9/09 - 2/11
    after anovulatory diagnosis and TTC for 1 1/2yrs with several medicated cycles and one chemical pregnancy, we have our first bundle of joy!
    IT'S A GIRL!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    #2 EDD 2/5/13 dx with anti-BIG E antibody, seeing a MFM
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    VOTE on my Name List
    I don't take one single minute for granted.
  • Winter

Nuada

Gawain

Gwenhwyvar

Storm

River

Apparently I'm secretly a flower child at heart. :P

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My sister loves the names Ruth and Deborah but she says that since she was a cubby kid she refuses to use them as names for her kids. She would never forgive herself if they were cubby like her and got called "Baby Ruth" or "Little Debbie."
  • Persephone 

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I really love German names for boys like Wilhelm and Henrik. Something about them is so much more appealing than their English counterparts, ie, William and Henry. DH and I both have mostly German ancestry and a German last name, so we could pull it off but I'd feel kind of weird doing so, seeing as we were both born in the US and never met our relatives who immigrated here from Germany.

Not that I think having these names would impact my kid's future in anyway, I just think it would be kind of odd for Phil and Lauren to have sons named Wilhelm and Henrik. LOL

P - 9/2008
    A - 8/2010
    L - 1/2013
    S - 3/2015
  • imagesugarmama13:
    Hazel!

I love this name! Not a guilty pleasure in my book, it's on my list:) 

DS- 11/08,  DD1 - 05/10,  DD2 - 11/11

BabyFetus Ticker
  • image2-Step:
    Summer is one of mine too! I also secretly like London and Mercedes but would never use them.

Mercedes for me too! Also, like another pp, I am apparently a nature child at heart too. Love names like River. Have a family member who named her son Forrest, and I am a tad jealous she had the guts to do it. :)

• Sadie for a girl...but hubby had a dog named Sadie growing up so that is outta the question lol
  • Mercedes, October, and Athena.
  • Eleanora.  I love it, but anyone I've mentioned it to (including DH) is not on board.  It makes me super sad that it won't get used now.
    Laura
  • I loooooove Norman!

I meant to reply to mlf624, oops.

• Persephone Margaret

Honor

Prudence

Poppy

Sebastien (DH hates it)

Elijah (SIL is using it)

Valour

The Journey of a Thousand Miles begins with One Step.

1998 Ovarian Cancer Survivor. 7 Miscarriages: 6w, 13w2d, 4w2d, 7w4d (DD's twin), 5w. Failed Tubal after c/s (!!): 5w2d, 6w4d

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I don't really have guilty pleasure names. As long as DH and I both like it we'll use it.
  • Aven (boy or girl)

Elin (stupid Tiger Woods drama) 

ETA: forgot to mention Paolo and Matteo....neither DH or I are hispanic, so it would probably be a little odd 

• imagejiffy-pop:
    Paisley. Embarrassed 

My friend just named her daughter Paisley. Haha, just odd to see you post that you like it. SHe's gotten a lot of hassle for it. 

• I loooove the name Priyanka. But it wouldn't make sense culturally.

I also really adore the names Wesley and Preston. Wesley was my HS BF's name though (although I liked it before I met him, thanks to one of my mom's students), and Preston doesn't work with our last name.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • imageiris427:
    Persephone 

imagelrachelle80:
    Lyric  

LOVE these two.

I really like some bird names, like Lark and Wren.  While I'm not completely opposed to using them, they wouldn't sound right with my DH's last name.

• Love Everly as well..I also am a fan of Tenley..A lot fo the names I tell my fiance I like he looks at me like Im from another planet hahah but my all time favourite name which isnt a guitlyp leasure is Finley, I have brought up this name to my future mother in law and she actually laughed in my face and whenever it comes up, she says "whats that name you like, finnegan, fin" uugh I want to use this name so hopefully they get used to it!
    Anniversary
  • Girls: Indiana (nn Indi) & Evan (i know, i know)

Boys: Alistair & Darcy

• Girl:  Katrina (stupid Hurricane) and Mallory (stupid ducks)

Boy:  Tyson (stupid chicken)

• Nova (girl) I don't know why but I just like it...

• Mine are London, Story, and Sparrow. I also would name a boy Warren Peace. Indifferent
  • Girl: Caitlyn

boy: London 

• Portia and/or Dashiell.
    TTC #2
    BFP 3/28/16 (EDD 12/9/16) * Chemical pregnancy
    ME: 40 yrs.old
    DH: 41 yrs.old
    DD: 5 yrs.

• There's a sticky thread in the FAQ about this exact topic:

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/48340393.aspx

Oscar born October 2011

Miscarriage at 8 weeks (August 2013)

DD due September 1, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

• Carrick for a boy (Irish fairy prince), and I love Arista for a girl (it's a record lable, and I'm a HUGE music fan!) Or Bama, because that's Dave Matthews Band's clothing line, Bama works, but then people would think I'm naming after the president! All Greek mythology names are freaking awesome too.
  • imageCeridwen21:

There's a sticky thread in the FAQ about this exact topic:

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/48340393.aspx

Just read the sticky, and it's funny to me because, while some names truly are unusual, I know a lot of people with many of those names! I guess everyone has very different comfort levels and perceptions of what is "out there" or appropriate for a person's name.

• imageJenniferL923:
    Autumn and September.  Not sure why, but I love them.  I met a girl named September ~15 years ago and always thought it was the coolest name.

I love September for a girl!!  I also love Alabama for a girl.  I love, love, love Abraham for a little boy.  It's probably my favorite male name ever.  Too bad I'll never use it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"