April 2011 Moms

so i punched dh in the head....

Ok so last night i woke up really po'd at dh. I had this dream that my water broke while he was out fishing. So my friend took me to the hospital where he said he would meet me. Well an hour passes and he is still not there so my friend's hubby went to go look for him another hour passes he finally finds him to find him still fishing!!!! in my dream by the time dh shows up to the delivery room the dr is handing my baby to me and im crying bc dh cared more about fishing than the birth of our son... so when i woke up i punched him in what i thought was his face (we sleep with our room pitch black) but instead it was the back of his head... my hand is all swollen he didnt feel at thing (i swear his head is made of steel) however when i called him a stupid jerk (and some other choice words) he then woke up and asked what the attitude was about... i told him to leave me alone that i didn't want to talk to him... well this morning when I got up i got him some doughnuts bc i felt bad... he had no clue until this evening... he didnt even remember me cussing at him... when i told him about it he laughed and said i should know better, that he wouldn't go fishing w/o me.... lol
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: so i punched dh in the head....

• So you punched (or tried to at least) your DH in the face over something he didn't do?
    photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg
  • horrible i know... i feel bad... but then i felt mad that he had no clue about it... i feel bad for him bc i have been so moody lately and i have been taking eveything out on him... he told me that hes afraid to open his mouth bc he doesnt know if im gonna snap at him or start bawling my eyes out... things have gotten really crazy for the last couple of days
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm guessing you did the punching in a zombie-half-asleep-I-thought-that-dream-was-real state of mind.
    My DH talks in his sleep all the time and because of his job (he's a police officer) he can have some very violent dreams or 'reinactments' of his days at work - there's been times where he's rolling over with his fists clenched and I'm scared he'll punch me. Other nights I record our zombie-like conversations to use as black mail the next day (normally it's so I can get him to go buy me whatever candy or ice cream I'm craving haha).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

June Siggy: Fave pic of Aubrey and me :)

• I had a dream that DH forgot to bring his phone while fishing and he ended up missing the birth. When we woke up and I remembered why I was being pissy with him I told him about the dream and reminded him of the 1 hour rule. My rule is he has 1 hour from hanging up the phone to walking in the door if I call and I'm in labor. I have no doubts about his ability to get here in time and he knows I won't wait for him if he is late.
  • haha that is too funny :-)  at least he didnt feel anything and seemed to be good about it when you told me.  Sounds like you got a great DH.
  • he is great... however i think that it helped that he didnt feel a thing... he is very understanding when it comes to my pregnancy moods... one night a few months ago we were arguing and i got really mad and started punching him in the chest and all he did is laugh at me... he says im adorable when i get mad... jerk...lol.... its not like i can't hit bc he says i can throw a good punch better than half the guys he works with... he said he wishes he could of seen me act all mad... plus he knows that i always feel guilty when its all said and done and well lets just keep this clean and say he benefits from it.... lol
  • imageMG7:
    I had a dream that DH forgot to bring his phone while fishing and he ended up missing the birth. When we woke up and I remembered why I was being pissy with him I told him about the dream and reminded him of the 1 hour rule. My rule is he has 1 hour from hanging up the phone to walking in the door if I call and I'm in labor. I have no doubts about his ability to get here in time and he knows I won't wait for him if he is late.

here lately other than work he's been making sure i go everywhere with him... even if he's just going to redbox up the street to return the movies... it gets on my nerves but its sweet

• Lol! you're not alone- I'm a crazy pregnant lady too! I had a dream the other night that DH was calling me a hippo and I got mad so I was hiding from him and he kept walking up to people telling them he couldn't find his hippo and calling out "hippo where are you?" I woke up at about 130am so mad at him that I kicked him and called him names- luckily the next morning he didn't remember either lol.
  • imagelpcutipie:
    Lol! you're not alone- I'm a crazy pregnant lady too! I had a dream the other night that DH was calling me a hippo and I got mad so I was hiding from him and he kept walking up to people telling them he couldn't find his hippo and calling out "hippo where are you?" I woke up at about 130am so mad at him that I kicked him and called him names- luckily the next morning he didn't remember either lol.

thank you sweety i feel better knowing that im not alone

• You punched him in the head and another night you were hitting him in the chest? wtf
  • imageMrs.McLovin:
    You punched him in the head and another night you were hitting him in the chest? wtf

This. I've had dreams where I was PISSED at H. And I wake up in an angry mood. Til I realize what the hell happened and that it was a dream. I can't imagine hitting my DH because I was mad about a dream?  Now if you were ASLEEP, maybe. IDK if I read this whole thing wrong. Maybe you said you were asleep and hit him? If you were awake and hit him that's odd to me.

Chelsea; 7/22/2005 Carissa; 4/9/2011 Cassidy; 9/6/2012
    Baby #4; 7/7/2018
  • imageMrs.McLovin:
    You punched him in the head and another night you were hitting him in the chest? wtf
    Yeah... I was really starting to think I was the only one who found this way off. I don't care how hormonal you are, you don't just hit your husband. Then again I'm one of those people who doesn't dig double standards. If he was in a bad mood and punched you in the face while you were sleeping everyone's responses so far would be completely different. Pregnancy doesn't give you an excuse to lose all control of your emotions. You were awake and conscious when you did this.
  • you need help. and anger management. 

preferably before your LO is born and ends up being on the receiving end.  

• so you punched your husband in the  head because you had a bad dream ?  Whoa.
  • you are giving pregnant women everywhere a bad name. hormones are no excuse for being psycho.
  • I hope your hand really hurts. That's awful.
  • I thought your story was funny, which probably makes me an abusive psycho too! Oh well...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker _MG_0566-2 - Copy (2)
  • imageMrs.McLovin:

This! I wanna strangle DH ALOT, but I don't.....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageCTGirl30:

imagebiblionerd:
    imageMrs.McLovin:
    Yeah... I was really starting to think I was the only one who found this way off. I don't care how hormonal you are, you don't just hit your husband. Then again I'm one of those people who doesn't dig double standards. If he was in a bad mood and punched you in the face while you were sleeping everyone's responses so far would be completely different. Pregnancy doesn't give you an excuse to lose all control of your emotions. You were awake and conscious when you did this.

Um, yeah, I would never hit my husband - no matter how annoyed I got with him...and obviously vice versa. That's just completely on a whole other level from how we operate as adults. Children and impulsive people who can't handle their emotions get frustrated and express them physically. Adults and those with self control express themselves verbally. I hope your kids don't grow up watching you hit your husband.

All of this...especially over a DREAM THAT DIDN'T EVEN HAPPEN. I believe that's called abuse.  

• imageMrs.McLovin:

it was back in october that the hitting him in the chest thing happends... im not a violent person but my emotions are a little out of control right now

• I am curious as to why everyone is so judgemental. She clearly was just being over emotional. And to those who are saying "i hope your kids..." to you I say I hope you do not teach them to be as judgemental as you. No I do not condone spousal abuse but this is far from spousal abuse.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageBocciulo:
    I am curious as to why everyone is so judgemental. She clearly was just being over emotional. And to those who are saying "i hope your kids..." to you I say I hope you do not teach them to be as judgemental as you. No I do not condone spousal abuse but this is far from spousal abuse.

In her OP she said "I punched him in what I thought was the face, but ended up being the back of the head"

She thought she was punching her husband, in the face, over a dream. That's a bit much. 

Chelsea; 7/22/2005 Carissa; 4/9/2011 Cassidy; 9/6/2012
    Baby #4; 7/7/2018
  • imagecynnnabun:

imageBocciulo:
    I am curious as to why everyone is so judgemental. She clearly was just being over emotional. And to those who are saying "i hope your kids..." to you I say I hope you do not teach them to be as judgemental as you. No I do not condone spousal abuse but this is far from spousal abuse.

In her OP she said "I punched him in what I thought was the face, but ended up being the back of the head"

She thought she was punching her husband, in the face, over a dream. That's a bit much. 

and would very much be defined as abuse. If the roles were reversed here, people would be telling her to leave and to call the cops.

I don't hold women to a different standard.  

• imageclaytonswife2011:

imageMrs.McLovin:

it was back in october that the hitting him in the chest thing happends... im not a violent person but my emotions are a little out of control right now

That is not an excuse... "sorry officer. I didn't mean to shoot her, my emotions are a little out of control right now." Grow up and act like an adult. Fyi, that means controlling your emotions and seeking medical help if you realize you cannot.
  • imageBocciulo:

What?  This is exactly spousal abuse.  Like pp's have said, if the roles were reversed, this would be a huuuuge deal. 

OP, I like you a lot and I think that your posts are entertaining, but this one caught me off guard and totally shocked me.  This is not ok.

• imageBocciulo:
    Judgmental?! Pfft. That's absurd. If her husband punched her in the face because "he couldn't get control of his emotions" would you say we were all being judgmental? Absolutely not. People that act like this give women a bad name. "oh, they're just such fragile and emotional human beings who can't be held accountable for their actions." Give me a break. Adults control their emotions, regardless of whether they are over emotional or not. Children learn by example. Mine will obviously learn by my example that women should not be held to different standards as men and hitting ANYONE is wrong. WTH is your definition of spousal abuse. Can you seriously tell me that if the roles were reversed that this would not be spousal abuse?! What's the freaking difference? Indifferent
  • imageclaytonswife2011:

imageMrs.McLovin:

When my pregnant emtions get out of control, I cry and eat ice cream. Assult and battery never really enter my mind as something to actually do----no matter how much I may want to.

• what i've learned from this post is:

1. pregnancy is apparently a good excuse for acting crazy

2.  there are ppl that thibk a woman hitting a man is no biggie, but a man hitting a woman is abuse.

I shall call you Amber

• after reading this you all must think im this horrible abusive person i am not far from it actually however... (omg i cant believe im even saying this) I do suffer from some stuff in my past and in turn am on medication. However since I am pregnant I cannot be on my normal dose. I have only had one real physical outburst and that was towards dh... you guys may see this as abuse however It's not like that... (im trying to explain this to where you guys can understand where im coming from) you know how in a movie when a girl gets upset either by her man or usually gets some really upsetting news how she may pound on his chest... not in a i want to hurt you type of way but in a tantrum type of way well thats how i did it... the reason why he knows i can throw a good punch is bc a whole group of us were playing the stupid game of "TRADING HITS" most of you probably never even thought of playing this game but when you are considered as "one of the guys" you tend to play it from time to time. as far as me hitting him the other night... when i said i thought it was his face i ment it as i expected it to be softer... i didnt hit him as in to cause him pain it was more so a playful type of hit... tell me ladies if you are watching a movie or tv show and the husband makes a smart a$$ comment and the wife goes by and smacks him upside the head do you call that abuse???? for the most part considering how i haven't been able to be on my recommended medication for the sake of my child i have been doing really good at controlling my emotions... if i start getting upset and my kids are home i send them to their room... my husband and i have an understanding he knows me and he knows that im not "abusing" him. For the record I have been to anger management for 3 years and the counselor doesn't believe I have any more anger issues than the average person I attended anger management before I had kids bc of the abuse i grew up with. The only problem i do have is severe depression.... i see a counselor on a regular basis at my home and (bc i requested it) they talk with my kids as well to make sure everything is fine... I dont know a single couple out there who doesnt have their arguments however when we are really mad and start to argue we make sure the kids are not around. our marriage counselor says that arguing from time to time is healthy and it is a lot better than us bottling things up... when i told dh about me hitting him he laughed at me... now dont you think that if this were an abusive situation he would of reacted differently???? Physical violence is not the answer to anyones problems however my outbreaks aren't considered violent...(and i know im right bc i was so upset earlier that i called and talked with my counselor about it) now im sure some of you are still going to have your negative comments and thats fine your entitled to them...however if you do read everything and think it through, before you post thank you
  • I'd never hit DH (just like I know he'd never hit me), especially over something that he did IN A DREAM. That's pretty nutty. I feel bad about poking DH or rolling him over in his sleep to get him to stop snoring.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"