2nd Trimester

well, it happened.

I thought I was gonna get through this whole pregnancy without my husband getting freaked out by having sex. It happened last night. He had to stop. He was too worried about putting too much pressure on my belly and doing the actual deed so close to her...... funny thing is, my H is 140 lbs soaking wet!!! ... I wasn't mad, I told him it was normal... hopefully that wasn't the last time we do it before baby comes   =(((     

anyone have any similar situations? If so, what did/do you do to help him through it?    Got to take care of my man.....

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: well, it happened.

• Mine freaked out very early on.  He was so concerned he was going to hurt the baby.  He refuses to do it in any position that puts pressure on my belly.  Try changing to a position that don't require the pressure on your belly. 
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Luckily I haven't had this issue yet.  He's still pretty much loving my heightened sex drive right now.  He has, though, used the excuse of putting pressure on the baby to get me on top (way before I was even showing).
  • Loading the player...
  • Not to be crude, but doggy style or spooning (on your sides, facing the same direction).  The belly isn't a factor and he can't see it.
  • YEPP..same exacttt thing...it deff sucks when sex drive is high
  • imageStellasmom:
    Not to be crude, but doggy style or spooning (on your sides, facing the same direction).  The belly isn't a factor and he can't see it.

This..and honestly it was a lot more comfortable for me last time I was pregnant.. It didnt bother DH, he just didnt like being on top so we had to improvise.

• hubby never really freaked out. but he did question it  around 3-4 months into my first pregnancy. i had to tell him "its ok, its normal" ... didn't have a prob after that!
  • my DH has been this way since we found out it was a girl. It freaks him out especially bc he says she is a 'little person' inside my belly. Before when he saw her in an ultrasound she was only at 7 weeks and looked like (what I call) i little shrimp. The next time he saw her again was at 20 weeks and well of course she is fully formed. Since then he says he thinks is weird. Any one else have a DH that is freaked out by this?
  • imageajmasl:
    my DH has been this way since we found out it was a girl. It freaks him out especially bc he says she is a 'little person' inside my belly. Before when he saw her in an ultrasound she was only at 7 weeks and looked like (what I call) i little shrimp. The next time he saw her again was at 20 weeks and well of course she is fully formed. Since then he says he thinks is weird. Any one else have a DH that is freaked out by this?

DH sees babies as belly aliens..Hes all happy till they start kicking and moving..I think if we went at it and he got kicked hed freak..he doesnt like feeling kicks or seeing them, just weirds him out..

• i don't think anything could dampen my dh's sex drive!  now that my belly is bigger he doesn't like to be on top for fear of squishing baby.  

keep trying different positions...you'll soon find a favorite! 

• imageAzrayla:

imageajmasl:
    my DH has been this way since we found out it was a girl. It freaks him out especially bc he says she is a 'little person' inside my belly. Before when he saw her in an ultrasound she was only at 7 weeks and looked like (what I call) i little shrimp. The next time he saw her again was at 20 weeks and well of course she is fully formed. Since then he says he thinks is weird. Any one else have a DH that is freaked out by this?

DH sees babies as belly aliens..Hes all happy till they start kicking and moving..I think if we went at it and he got kicked hed freak..he doesnt like feeling kicks or seeing them, just weirds him out..

yeah same here. I keep telling him that it's better that he get over his weirdness now before she keeps getting bigger and bigger and he can see her little limbs kicking through my belly. She is very active now, I feel her everyday but he doesn't feel it all of the time or he's not around. who knows! I hope he gets over this quirk soon.

• Ack, my husband freaked out on Friday. We went in for our third attempt to view the gender, we found out it was a girl, and later that night...nothing.

"It's not right..."

Are you kidding me man?! Don't do this to a pregnant woman!

So, it's been about 4 days since the last time we did anything...-.- Men.

He didn't have a problem with it with our first, but that may have been because he was in basic and AIT the entire time, and just didn't give a crap when we finally saw one another.

I'm sure any husband that decides he 'can't' do it because he might hurt the baby, or just thinks it's strange will eventually cave...right? Right?! Lol.

• I am not even to the point that it's necessary and he is already telling me about how great it was the whole 2nd half of last pregnancy that I had to be on top "doing all the work" I have no idea why he totally thinks this is the greatest fantasy ever! I swear he isn't normally creepy or weird. Interesting how some guys freak, others use it as an opportunity to be a freak!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

baby #3 arrived in September 2014...cannot get ticker to work no matter what I try!

• imageteenybean:
    I am not even to the point that it's necessary and he is already telling me about how great it was the whole 2nd half of last pregnancy that I had to be on top "doing all the work" I have no idea why he totally thinks this is the greatest fantasy ever! I swear he isn't normally creepy or weird. Interesting how some guys freak, others use it as an opportunity to be a freak!

Wanting the girl on top is being a freak?

(crickets)

• imageStellasmom:

imageteenybean:
    I am not even to the point that it's necessary and he is already telling me about how great it was the whole 2nd half of last pregnancy that I had to be on top "doing all the work" I have no idea why he totally thinks this is the greatest fantasy ever! I swear he isn't normally creepy or weird. Interesting how some guys freak, others use it as an opportunity to be a freak!

Wanting the girl on top is being a freak?

(crickets)

Yes LOL

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageteenybean:

Mine's taking advantage as well.  Forget other positions that don't involve him lying on top of me, it's always got to be his favorite where I do all the work.  He'll pull out the "hurt the baby" card to get me on top, but if I suggest or insist on something else, he'll admit he's just tired and wants to be lazy.  He still seems to win out most of the time, though.

I haven't been kicked yet while things are going on. I think I might be the one to freak then.  It's easy to forget there's a little person in there while your mind is...uh... otherwise occupied.  I don't know, we laughed early on about the whole thing and how silly it was to cut off sex because of the proximity to the baby.  I mean, that's how he was made.

• My DH has been weird about sex for awhile. The last time we did anything, I was uncomfortable, he was weirded out, and eventually he gave up.

Now I am hormonal, and he just isn't interested. I already threatened to hire a gardener. Even though the only flower bed we have is 2x3 feet, Lol.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"