3rd Trimester

Darn it, we won!

My husband apparently participated in a survey a few weeks ago about what kind of flooring we have and ended up winning a free cleaning of either our carpeting or hard wood. He was pretty excited to tell me about this last night, but all I could do was moan about having to move the furniture and not get anything done while the strangers come into our house to clean. I'm such a party pooper, haha. Would you feel the same way this late in the pregnancy, or would you be excited about it?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Darn it, we won!

• Yeah, I'm not in the mood for ANY visitors right now! Is there a deadline for when you have to do this? Can it wait a few months?
  • I'd be ecstatic! But that's only because I'm currently getting quotes to have our LR carpets cleaned before baby gets here. I say do it now before baby gets here. You definitely won't want to deal with it after!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • imageLisa Frank:
    I'd be ecstatic! But that's only because I'm currently getting quotes to have our LR carpets cleaned before baby gets here. I say do it now before baby gets here. You definitely won't want to deal with it after!

Maybe we could sign it over to you, haha.

• I'd actually be thrilled to have someone come in and clean my floors for free... HOWEVER, it would be DH who would deal with it... miss work, miss his precious basketball games, whatever... Personally, I would be lounging at my sister's house and make him deal with it! I will not be moving heavy furniture any time soon!

• imagemcginnie86:

imageLisa Frank:
    I'd be ecstatic! But that's only because I'm currently getting quotes to have our LR carpets cleaned before baby gets here. I say do it now before baby gets here. You definitely won't want to deal with it after!

haha! My husband thinks I'm nuts, but we've never had them cleaned and we've been in our house for 5 years. We are also refinishing our basement right now, so I guess I'm double nuts. Stick out tongue

• imageLisa Frank:
    imagemcginnie86:

imageLisa Frank:

haha! My husband thinks I'm nuts, but we've never had them cleaned and we've been in our house for 5 years. We are also refinishing our basement right now, so I guess I'm double nuts. Stick out tongue

I can see where you're coming from. Our carpets are under a year old, though. Do you think they'd pull out our stove and refrigerator and clean behind them for me instead? Haha

• Hell no!!  I would be THRILLED to have someone come clean my floors!!!
  • Excited!!!  You don't have to move the furniture.  They will clean around it.  I had my carpets cleaned last week.  It was a pain, but they look fantastic!
  • imagemmarsac:
    Excited!!!  You don't have to move the furniture.  They will clean around it.  I had my carpets cleaned last week.  It was a pain, but they look fantastic!

This.  You will want to get the furniture cleaned TRUST ME.  Any furniture that needs to be moved they usually take care of this during their prep work.  The guy took one look at me saw I was pregnant and told me to sit on my couch, kick up my feet, and if I needed anything to let HIM know.  It was awesome!

• imagemusicamh:

imagemmarsac:
    Excited!!!  You don't have to move the furniture.  They will clean around it.  I had my carpets cleaned last week.  It was a pain, but they look fantastic!

This.  You will want to get the furniture cleaned TRUST ME.  Any furniture that needs to be moved they usually take care of this during their prep work.  The guy took one look at me saw I was pregnant and told me to sit on my couch, kick up my feet, and if I needed anything to let HIM know.  It was awesome!

This exactly. They take care of everything -- and anything THEY don't take care of, your DH will! This is the best of all worlds. :)

• I can understand how you feel.... We're moving Saturday, and I just don't feel like packing a thing. lol. I'm not lifting anything, we have half the state coming to help it seems like--but I don't want to even pack. I just want to sit on the couch while they load it into the truck Wink
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"