Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

2nd time moms: morning sickness question!

Question for those of you with 2+ pregnancies:  If you avoided morning sickness with #1, did you also dodge it for #2?  Did sex of the baby make a difference? 

Just wondering, because I was one of the lucky ones who didn't get sick with DS and am hoping that means I'm likely to dodge it this time too!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 2nd time moms: morning sickness question!

• yes i've felt the same with both pregnancies (dont know the sex of second one yet). never had morning sickness -- have had "off days" and such but nothing bad.
  • I had no m/s with all three. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • DS: Sick as a dog for the entire pregnancy. 

DD1: Not sick at all.  Pre-e though

DD2: Not sick at all. No pre-e

I have had 5 other pregnancies and it was pretty hit or miss with m/s.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My pregancies were both different sick with one not the other. I was sure I was having a girl but mine are both boys. I would say I had mild sickness. More than anything I had headaches that made me sick.

A girlfriend of mine is pregnant with her second and is very sick all the time and was with her first.

• I am praying that with baby #2 I don't have any morning sickness...I was so lucky with DD I never had it at all!!!

• #1 - no m/s but severe nausea and no energy -girl

#2- no m/s so far, moderate nausea and no enery -too early to know sex

• I had horrible morning sickness with both my girls
  • Had different genders, no MS with either
  • I had no morning sickness at all with my first and now 11 weeks in with my second, I haven't gotten any at all either! Still don't know the gender yet obviously.
  • No, I was not able to dodge it with #2 like I did with #1.  I guess it was about time I paid my dues, lol.  Luckily, I only threw up a handful of times and it was gone at the beginning of second tri.

Not sure about the sex thing since we are team green.  #1 (no MS) was a boy.

My best friend, my husband, my everything
    Matthew Kevin
    7/31/83-7/20/11 image
    Met 1/8/00
    Engaged 4/21/06
    Married 9/29/07
    Two beautiful legacies: Noah Matthew (2 yrs) and Chloe Marcella (8 mos)
    Day Three
  • imageMommyMar2010:

I am praying that with baby #2 I don't have any morning sickness...I was so lucky with DD I never had it at all!!!

I was wondering if you got your BFP!!!

• No morning sickness for either pregnancy. This one's a girl.
    imageimage
  • Congratulations!

At first I was slightly more nauseous with my second, but the nausea seemed to go away sooner. I also got acupuncture this time around, which I think kept it from getting even worse. Boys both times.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers image
  • No m/s with DD#1.  She was an easy and great pregnancy.

M/S with DD#2- headaches, pain when I walk, all in all a horrible pregnancy.

• I posted almost this exact question a few weeks ago. I'm pregnant with #2 and I was VERY sick with #1 and broke out horribly on my back almost immediately after BFP. So far with this one I only have light bouts of nausea and am not breaking out on my back at all. I am wondering if its a girl since it's so different, but who knows they say every pregnancy is different.
  • I had no m/s w/ Ds but this one (DD) I was hugging the toilet up til 28 weeks. Every now and then I still heave.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DD1- extremely sick till about week 25

DD2-very sick (not quite as bad) till the end of first trimester...then just had food adversions.  I took zofran this time though.  Extremely fatigued this time...I was sooo much more tired this time around.

DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
  • I'm still very early on with this pg, but m/s has been the same (waves of nauseau, but no throwing up). I have also felt exhausted, like last time, but have had other different symptoms (more discharge, more stomach aches/diarrhea, etc). No idea on gender yet.
  • I didnt get MS with my first pregnancy. Baby was a boy. Didnt get MS with 2nd pregnancy, either. Baby was a girl.

• Mine was pretty much the same both times, with this time being a little better. I am not a puker, just a dry heaver/gagger. The first time I remember crawling on the floor, begging for my life a couple times in the first tri and I didnt do that this time..lol. A boy this time as well...

Jacob Alexander 7/23/09
    Allergic to Dairy, Eggs and Peanuts Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Jameson Adam 6/1/11
    Allergic to Peas...so far Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I had no m/s with DD1. Felt amazing the whole first tri.

Had m/s with DD2 for about 9 weeks...every morning and every evening. It was awful.

Obviously both girls. The sex did not make a difference. Every pregnancy is its own.

CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"