1st Trimester

Ok be honest!!

Let's be honest are you living in a bubble for the next 9mths or are you just letting everyone think you are :)

Have you taken a bath?

Have you eaten a hotdog?

Have you drank soda?

Have you eaten deli meat?

Etc. (Other things they say or a big no no)

I have taken a bath. In the first few weeks its the only thing that helped with all the stretching and cramping. I took them with both my girls, and they are two healthy princesses. I have eaten a subway sub, and it was delicious, and YES I have had a Coke bc with my morning sickness (more like ALL day sickness) it seems to be the only thing that helps. This is my third and I didn't go all crazy with my other two. I always take precautions with everything I eat whether I am pregnant or not. I don't feel the need to live in a bubble for the next 9mths. I feel as long as I stay focused and eat healthy then all will be well :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Ok be honest!!

• Yes to all of the above but hotdog. ::vomits at the thought::

Jimmy Johns turkey subs are pretty much all can keep down right now.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My bath and shower are the same, but I would take a bath if I had a separate tub. Not interested in hot dogs. I have had massive amounts of Sprite to settle my stomach but I don't like cola much any way. I have certainly had coffee. Deli meat doesn't really do it for me, except in paninis anyway, so I guess I'm pretty lucky.
  • Loading the player...
  • Everything but the bath, and that's just because by the time I get DD down for the night, I'm just too tired to even think about a bath. I just go straight to bed.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes to everything but the hot dog. The thought makes me want to vomit.

But just curious- Why no baths? That is just crazy talk. I am on my 3rd pregnancy and I have never heard this.

( do you mean hot tubs?)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Whoever told you that you can't take a bath lied. 
  • The thought of a hotdog right now omgggg eww!! I dont drink soda anyways pre-preg and I dont really take baths (no time!!)

yes to everything else

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Hotdogs...all the time.  I cook them, so what?

Sodas...check.  I was drinking caffeine every day until I found out it was twins.  Now I'm being a little bit more cautious and trying to find non-caffeinated versions.  If I can't, I don't sweat it.

Deli meat...Had Subway this weekend.  Yum.

Bath...not yet.  I don't get a lot of alone time with my 15 month old.  I'm sure I'll take one soon though.  :-)

Oh, and I'll be eating sushi the next time the grandparents take DS.    

DS 12/09, Twins EDD 11/11
  • imagecoachswife3:

Let's be honest are you living in a bubble for the next 9mths or are you just letting everyone think you are :)

Have you taken a bath?

Have you eaten a hotdog?

Have you drank soda?

YES, to all of the above plus....

-I've eaten sushi, I've had all different types of "soft cheeses" (they're almost always pasteurized if in the US), I've indulged numerous times on soft-serve fro yo, and I just made an appt. to finally have my overdue highlights done!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker,Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemarriedfilingjointly:
    Whoever told you that you can't take a bath lied. 

The thought is no really hot baths.  As in, don't let your skin turn pink and your body temperature rise.  Otherwise, bathe away! 

• Have you taken a bath? Plenty. Baths are fine, they just can't be really hot.

Have you eaten a hotdog? No. Just hasn't appealed. But I would (if it was cooked at home; I don't eat hot dogs from other places anyway)

Have you drank soda? Here and there

Have you eaten deli meat? No, not a fan.

I also had a couple pieces of tuna sashimi at my fave place. I've been eating sushi since I was a child and never once gotten sick from it. (Now Taco Bell, on the other hand, had me so sick I couldn't get off the bathroom floor... and pregnant people eat that all the time!)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• imageAggieGrl:

imagemarriedfilingjointly:

The thought is no really hot baths.  As in, don't let your skin turn pink and your body temperature rise.  Otherwise, bathe away! 

Also, not really applicable to 1st tri, but as you get bigger, baths (and your balance) get trickier...I enjoyed relaxing in a tub but by the 3rd tri w/ twins, it was a bit challenging Wink

• imagecoachswife3:

Have you taken a bath? No, I don't do baths.

Have you eaten a hotdog? No, I don't eat them.

Have you drank soda? I just found out on Saturday but I had *tried* to reduce my intake for the past few weeks but I was still drinking it regularly.

Have you eaten deli meat? I don't usually but we happened to have Schlotzky's on Saturday.

I only found on Saturday and had actually thought we missed our chances this month, so I had a back xray due to a fall, eaten sushi, and probably did some other stuff that wasn't great, but hopefully our baby will be alright.

BabyFruit Ticker

• imageatc282:
    imageAggieGrl:

imagemarriedfilingjointly:

Also, not really applicable to 1st tri, but as you get bigger, baths (and your balance) get trickier...I enjoyed relaxing in a tub but by the 3rd tri w/ twins, it was a bit challenging Wink

I imagine so.  I'm not looking forward to that!  Maybe DH can install one of those medical lifts for me....ha! 

• Have you taken a bath?  No, but only because the hot water lately makes me lightheaded, regardless of if its in a bath or shower.  And really, does a lukewarm bath sound good to anyone?

Have you eaten a hotdog?  No, but only because they haven't sounded good.  But I'll probably have at least one this summer!

Have you drank soda?  Lots!  I've basically cut out caffeine due to a heart issue, but before that I drank it, just in moderation.  But I don't like coffee or tea so not getting any caffeine there. And for every drink of soda I take, I try to take at least two drinks of water right after.

Have you eaten deli meat?  Once, but I did heat it up first.

Maranda
  • imagecoachswife3:

Have you taken a bath? yes

Have you eaten a hotdog? dude I am so craving a chili cheese dog and I just found out today thay I am not supposed to eat them!

Have you drank soda?  Ya, half a coke a few days ago for the first time since my BFP

Have you eaten deli meat?  had Jimmy johns for lunch

I have taken a bath. In the first few weeks its the only thing that helped with all the stretching and cramping. I took them with both my girls, and they are two healthy princesses. I have eaten a subway sub, and it was delicious, and YES I have had a Coke bc with my morning sickness (more like ALL day sickness) it seems to be the only thing that helps. This is my third and I didn't go all crazy with my other two. I always take precautions with everything I eat whether I am pregnant or not. I don't feel the need to live in a bubble for the next 9mths. I feel as long as I stay focused and eat healthy then all will be well :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • jb2rnjb2rn member
    imagecoachswife3:

Have you taken a bath? of course, they are so relaxing. It's not bad unless it's like HOT TUB hot.

Have you eaten a hotdog? no way, but I don't eat them even if I wasn't pregnant

Have you drank soda? no, I gave up diet coke months ago

Have you eaten deli meat? nope, also gave that up for health reasons

b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• All of those except for hot dogs (but I did have nitrate free brats).  Add sushi (with raw fish) and both blue and gorgonzola cheeses. 

lisajay- if you have bodily fluids in your bath, you're doing it wrong ;)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • yes to all the above plus wine 1x per week! 
    BabyFruit TickerBabyFetus Ticker
  • imageporu:
    imageatc282:
    imagecoachswife3:

Have you taken a bath?

Have you eaten a hotdog?

Have you drank soda?

-I've eaten sushi, I've had all different types of "soft cheeses" (they're almost always pasteurized if in the US), I've indulged numerous times on soft-serve fro yo, and I just made an appt. to finally have my overdue highlights done!

OK hold on just a minute here.  Why are we not supposed to be eating soft-serve fro yo?!?!  I don't exactly eat that in moderation - I am an addict.

I hadn't ever heard of this until a few weeks ago and someone posted about soft-serve. I guess (and pls. don't quote me on this one) there' s a risk of some bacteria? I dunno, but I"m not giving up my fro yo. Too darn good.

• Well if i get into the bath i'm afraid i wont get out!!! Its calming and relaxing!. HOt dogs, well thinking about is making me nauseous  and deli meat? yes, what else would i have for lunch everyday!!

sushi, that i'm going to stay away from

Good luck to all

joyce@mazelabs.com

www.mazecordblood.com 

joyce@mazelabs.com www.mazecordblood.com
  • I love all of your post!! H&H 9mths ladies!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No bath.

Yes, one hot dog at a birthday party this weekend.  It was burnt and looked delicious.

I'm living on Sprite.

Haven't had any deli meats, but I'm not really avoiding them, I'm just not a big deli meat fan.  I typically pack leftovers for lunch.

I have cut out all caffeine.  I miss it, but yes, I'm being paranoid where that is concerned.  We've had two losses, no live births and this IUI was our last shot thanks to insurance.

TTC #1 since June 2008
    M/C @ 6 weeks 12/31/2008, Ectopic @ 6 weeks on 4/23/2010
    Diagnosed Unexplained 11/2009-DH is fine-I don't get AF
    Cycle #22 - 1/27/11 - IUI #1 & Injections - BFP! - DS born 11/11/11 
    TTC#2 - 2/24/14 - IUI & Injections - BFP! - EDD 11/29/14
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageMrsOlson:

Yes to everything but the hot dog. The thought makes me want to vomit.

But just curious- Why no baths? That is just crazy talk. I am on my 3rd pregnancy and I have never heard this.

( do you mean hot tubs?)

Probably not.  I've seen that question come up I think at least twice on first tri this time.  It's just this board being... this board, I guess.

You're only not supposed to take a bath if you're in labor and your water's broken, then it can introduce bacteria.  You're also not supposed to take a bath that's too hot because you don't want to raise your body temperature too much (which is why they say not hot tubs).

And to answer the OP, yes to everything.  Caffeine, too.  Mmmm, coffee.

Wife, mom, Ob/Gyn resident
    Sarah - 12/23/2008
    Alex - 9/30/2011

"I say embrace the total geek in yourself and just enjoy it. Life is too short to be cool." - Shirley Manson, Garbage
  • imageatc282:
    imageporu:
    imageatc282:
    imagecoachswife3:

Have you taken a bath?

Have you eaten a hotdog?

Have you drank soda?

OK hold on just a minute here.  Why are we not supposed to be eating soft-serve fro yo?!?!  I don't exactly eat that in moderation - I am an addict.

I hadn't ever heard of this until a few weeks ago and someone posted about soft-serve. I guess (and pls. don't quote me on this one) there' s a risk of some bacteria? I dunno, but I"m not giving up my fro yo. Too darn good.

It's listeria hysteria just like deli meat and hot dogs and soft cheese and whatever else.

Wife, mom, Ob/Gyn resident
    Sarah - 12/23/2008
    Alex - 9/30/2011

"I say embrace the total geek in yourself and just enjoy it. Life is too short to be cool." - Shirley Manson, Garbage
  • I haven't taken a bath but no real reason why. I have drank soda and eat deli meat regularly. No I haven't had a hotdog though but I am not against it.
  • Re: fro yo

It has to do with the fro yo & soft serve machines and if they are being cleaned properly. For most of those machines it's a cleaning solution bath (for the machine) that's supposed to be done daily. In addition, how the leftover ice cream/ fro yo is stored is an issue.

I used to work at an ice cream shop, and those machines aren't always cleaned as they should be...but like everything else, in moderation.   

• Let's be honest are you living in a bubble for the next 9mths or are you just letting everyone think you are :)

Have you taken a bath? Im not a bath person at all but a really hot shower hell to the yes

Have you eaten a hotdog? Yes actually the night I got my BFP DH and I nomed on some hebrew nationals

Have you drank soda? No, Coffee yes

Have you eaten deli meat? Salami... Nom...

Etc. (Other things they say or a big no no) Nope nothing else thats a "no no" but I will probably get side eyed for what I have done already

photo b6d12d4a-3c41-4686-a0af-8cf854f979e4_zpsffdadc4c.jpg Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejoycek7:

Well if i get into the bath i'm afraid i wont get out!!! Its calming and relaxing!. HOt dogs, well thinking about is making me nauseous  and deli meat? yes, what else would i have for lunch everyday!!

sushi, that i'm going to stay away from

Good luck to all

joyce@mazelabs.com

www.mazecordblood.com 

What does cord blood have anything to do with this post?

• Have you taken a bath?  No, but I rarely take baths anyway.

Have you eaten a hotdog?  No, but again -- not part of my regular routine.

Have you drank soda?  You mean "drunk"?  Yes, maybe 2 in the last 10 weeks.  I also drink 1 cup of coffee per day.

Have you eaten deli meat? Yes, but it's been warmed up or on a toasted sub.

• i agree! this is my second and people expect you to be SUPER cautious... i think its insane... i eat what i can because most thing make me nauseous...... and i LOVE taking baths....i did it all the time with my first! and why shouldnt i enjoy a cold cut sandwhich? if you are carefull and monitor dates you should be just fine! i refuse to stop living just because im preggers
  • Have you taken a bath? No, but I don't take baths ever. This rule only applies when your water has broken anyway.

Have you eaten a hotdog? Yes

Have you drank soda? Yes

Have you eaten deli meat? Yes

• yes to all!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers *all conceived with b2b iui's/injectibles.
  • No (I have a stand up shower, and don;'t like using the guest bathroom).  I'll be swimming soon though.

Yes

Yes

lol, yes.

I also had tuna sushi the other day, and wash my face with a salicylic face wash. 
    imageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I've eaten deli meat, but I heated it up first.  No, I haven't had a bath, drank a soda or eaten a hotdog in the past few weeks, but I rarely do these things anyway. 

I did have goat cheese in a salad the other day, but the chances of it being unpasteurized were slim to none.  I was also still enjoying my cup of coffee in the morning, but the past few days I've found that I can only drink half a cup before the taste starts to get to me.

I hardly plan on living in a bubble, but my personal compromise is that I'm going to stick to the "rules" as much as possible for the first trimester.  After that I'm sure I'll have the occasional sushi dinner, bloody steak, and definitely that weekly glass of wine.  The rest of it I could take or leave.

• imageatc282:
    imageporu:
    imageatc282:
    imagecoachswife3:

Have you taken a bath?

Have you eaten a hotdog?

Have you drank soda?

There's a risk of bacteria with everything you eat. We're going to be pregnant during the hottest months of the year, eat the damn frozen yogurt! :)

• imagecoachswife3:

Have you taken a bath? Yes. Baths are fine, just don't scold yourself, take them after your water has broken, and no baths until you have been cleared by your Dr at your post partum visit.

Have you eaten a hotdog? Yes.

Have you drank soda? Yes.

Have you eaten deli meat? Yes.

I understand being cautious, but it drives me nuts when pregnant women put themselves in a bubble. You are pregnant, and you can live your life much the same way as before.

• Yes to everything but deli meat. Joking about deli meat is funny until someone loses their baby over it.
  • Yes to all of OP's questions except I take showers not baths.
    Married 5/31/08 * TTC#1 9/09 - 2/11
    after anovulatory diagnosis and TTC for 1 1/2yrs with several medicated cycles and one chemical pregnancy, we have our first bundle of joy!
    IT'S A GIRL!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    #2 EDD 2/5/13 dx with anti-BIG E antibody, seeing a MFM
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    VOTE on my Name List
    I don't take one single minute for granted.
  • Baths are fine until your water breaks, but no I haven't taken one.

I've eaten a hotdog - it was steaming hot & it was super yummy!

I've had sprite twice.

I've had pasteurized feta cheese.

I've had benadryl & tylenol.

From what I've read, all of these things are safe, so I'm not stressing.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"