Connecticut Babies

natural birth-friendly obgyn

I'm about 6wks along with my first, looking for a new obgyn that isn't against natural birthing or homeopathy, or a midwife.  I live in Enfield, so anything from Johnson Memorial to Middlesex to Manchester hospital affiliate is fine.  Don't care for St Fran or Hartford, know too many people that work there and they def are NOT interested in my beliefs toward natural anything.  I'd love a water birth but with all the searching I've done I can't fine too many places that will do that.  (I'd also love to do it at home....DH not so much :-P)  Any recommendations???  Thanks!

Re: natural birth-friendly obgyn

• I had my baby at Manchester and my obgyn, Dr. Hofrichter, was supportive to what I wanted.  I ended up only having stadol and no epidural.  This was my choice and plan, as I didn't want the epidural or other pain meds other than stadol.  I had a great experience with my obgyn, she's very experienced, and also had a very good experience at Manchester.
  • Your best option is to get a midwife.

https://connecticutmidwives.net/

Some midwives only work with certain hospitals, like I could only deliver at Yale.  You just need to ask. Even if you don't go with a midwife you just need to ask questions and feel each one out even the midwives.  Listen to your gut feeling.  And make yourself be heard.

Good Luck!!  and Congratulations!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My SIL delivered at Johnson and had a great natural birth experience. She loved it there and will be delivering her next baby there as well.

I will be delivering at Windham Hospital because that is where my OBGYN is affiliated. I love my OBGYN, if not I probably would have gone to Johnson since my SIL had such a great experience. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I highly recommend the team of midwives at the CT Women's and Childbirth Center in Danbury (https://www.ctbirthcenter.com/). People travel from all over the place to birth there. I live pretty close, so it was convenient for me, but after the experience, I would definitely travel if I had to for a future baby.

Congratulations and best wishes. I hope you have the beautiful birth you're looking for :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"