Babies: 6 - 9 Months

If you have a girl. Organizing clothes?

If you have a girl, how do you organize her clothes?  What do you fold?  What do you hang?  Do you fold/hang matching outfits together (like if a certain onesie or shirt goes with certain pants)?

I am really struggling here.  She has so many clothes now.  I used to fold all onsies, pants and sleepers and hang all dressier outfits.  But now she has jeans, shorts, skirts, tshirts, tank tops, casual dresses, dressier dresses, rompers, blah blah.  I feel I put her in the same 8 things over and over ,because I can't see everything she has.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: If you have a girl. Organizing clothes?

• I'm right there with you. I put all onesies/shirts in one drawer, pants/pjs in another, and misc items (hats/hose/bloomsers) in another. If the outfit is together I usually just fold it on top of one another. When I feel she's worn the same thing over & over I'll put it at the bottom of the drawer and rotate. Her dresses are in the closet though.

ETA: She doesn't have a closet in her room, her & I share a closet which is on the other side of the house in my room. So, closet=PITA

waysidemommy@gmail.com
  • LOL i think we are all with you.  I put all the pjs in one drawer.socks in one, diapers on in one, and bows and hats in another.  Shorts, bloomers, and skirts in a another. pants (all pants even if they are part of an outfit) in another. Onesies in another drawer. and finally...all dresses, rompers, and tshirts are hung in the closet.  Every month or so I store away what doesnt fit. I go thru what I want to keep (not really sure why im keeping it we say were One and Done LOL) and everything else is put in a box or bin to take to consignment stores or let friends go thru for thier babies.
  • Loading the player...
  • I hate folding. The only thing I fold are her sleepers and plain onesies and sweat pants. Everything else gets hung up.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I pretty much hang everything, but I put matching outfits on one hanger (just hang the pants/shorts over the bottom with the shirt hanging) In her dresser I put all her plain onesies and any pants that don't have a match. 
  • My DD has a 5 drawer dresser. The top drawer has socks, bows, baby legs. The second drawer has pjs. The third drawer has shorts and skirts. The fourth drawer has sweat pants, leggings, etc.The fifth drawer has jeans and underwear because she likes to pick her own underwear out.

I hang all shirts, jackets, sweatshirts and dresses.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • We do a combination or closet and dresser. In her dresser (which is just two drawers in the changing unit) are her onesies and shirts. Organized by long sleeve onesies, short sleeve onesies, long sleeve shirts and short sleeve shirts. When I do laundry I put the clean clothes on the bottom so they cycle through.

For her closet, I bought this: https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=17038184&RN=2490& I have it in the side by side position. It is very sturdy and the cubes are very large. The cubes are organized as follows: dresses, sweaters/fleeces, shoes, socks/tights, patterned pants, solid color pants. I don't actually hang anything of hers on a hanger.

• Anything that is an outfit, gets hung. Anything that is a mix and match goes in the drawer. I actually hang all her pajamas, too...just easier for me to see what she's got. I organize everything by size - so she has a 6-month drawer, a 9-month drawer, etc. Everything is hung in order of size in the closet, too. I have a section for all the stuff that is way to big (like 18mo) in one section and I just move it over as she's ready to wear it. 

It depresses me to see the big old boxes of clothes she no longer wears...and the number of things she never wore.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • kg_08kg_08 member

Pjs all folded on one side of her drawer. Random shirts together, onesies together, pants together in drawers.

Hung up are dresses and matching pant/shirt outfits.

• I have socks, plain undershirt type onesies, and sleepers in drawers. Everything else is hung. Outfits that go together get hung together.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • The only thing I hang are the dressier outfits for all 3 kids. They share a closet, so space is a premium. The girls sleepers are in a wicker basket in our room because that's usually where we get them ready for bed and they're easiest to get to if we need one while the other is sleeping. Their dresser is all outfits folded together. I've even folded onesies w/ coordinating pants so things are as together as possible and I can just reach and grab an outfit rather than having to dig for something. Bibs are in a basket on the changing table as well as diapers. On top of their dresser are 2 wicker baskets, one w/ socks and tights the other with hats, hair things and fancy diaper covers.
  • imagebancbev:

If you have a girl, how do you organize her clothes?  What do you fold?  What do you hang?  Do you fold/hang matching outfits together (like if a certain onesie or shirt goes with certain pants)?

I am really struggling here.  She has so many clothes now.  I used to fold all onsies, pants and sleepers and hang all dressier outfits.  But now she has jeans, shorts, skirts, tshirts, tank tops, casual dresses, dressier dresses, rompers, blah blah.  I feel I put her in the same 8 things over and over ,because I can't see everything she has.

Lurking from 9-12, but thought i'd give my 2 cents.

I used to have 1 drawer of onesies/tops, 1 drawer of pants, 1 drawer of sleepers and I would hang up "fancy" (or dress clothes).

This got confusing because I would always forget which top went with which pair of pants, and would get frustrated trying to match outfits every day

So now i have 2 drawers of "outfits".  I fold outfits together, so that the onsier/top is with the pants and all I have to do is pull out the "bundle" and I"m good to go.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"