Pregnant after a Loss

Elevated Hcg after D&C

So I'll just get straight to my story.

I was 11 weeks along when I went to my first appt, found out I had a blighted ovum and had a D&C the next Monday (January 31st).  I kind of felt pregnant a week ago so I took a pregnancy test and it was positive.  However, I have a bicornuate uterus and the MD said she wasn't sure she got everything out with the D&C.  Plus I'm STILL bleeding after the D&C, it waxes and wanes and most days not enough to bother with a tampon, but definitely still bleeding.  My thought are that there must be a piece still left in my uterus, but she tested my hcg this Thursday (March 17th) and it was 1840 which I thought was pretty high even if there is a piece left.  I follow up with her on Monday to see if the hcg goes up or down  So I know my mystery will soon be solved, but I was wondering if any of you had a similar experience and what the results were.  My husband thinks I'm pregnant, but I have kept a mindset that it's just left over tissue.  I don't want to get my hopes up. 

imageimageimage

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers">AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
Formerly dlsexton
BFP #1 Dec 2010 ~ Blighted Ovum Jan 2011 @ 11wks D&C Jan '11 & Mar '11
BFP #2 July 2011 ~ Miss Amelia born 3/30/12 @ 41 weeks!
BFP #3 July 2013 ~ M/C Aug 2013 @ 5.5 weeks
BFP #4 Oct 2013 ~ Miss Lydia born 6/3/14 @ 36 weeks!

Re: Elevated Hcg after D&C

• I am a little confused on the details here, to be honest, but I think it's highly unlikely they performed a d&c and you would still be pregnant, but that's just my take on the matter. Or perhaps I'm misunderstanding and you were ttc post d&c?

We have had a few ladies here and on TTCAL who had to go back for left over tissue after a d&c.

Good luck and I hope you have an answer soon.

• When I had my D&C they didn't get all tissue out so I had high hcg count for several weeks and bled for several weeks and took a long time for the rest of the tissue to get out. Sorry you are having to go through this!
  • Loading the player...
  • We weren't really "trying" but we weren't using any protections so there's the possibility that it could be a new pregnancy which I highly doubt, but I just wanted to see if other people have had a similar experience and what the outcome was.
    imageimageimage

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers">AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
    Formerly dlsexton

• I tried posting this on the TTC after loss board but it won't allow duplicate posts.
    imageimageimage

Formerly dlsexton

• I'm sorry you are going through this. A friend of mine had to have a repeat D&C due to leftover tissue also. Your number sounds high. Hope you get some answers soon.
    TTC since Aug 2006 met RE Oct 2007-Lap/Hyst/HSG=normal Boodwork=normal DX:annovulation/poor egg quality DH-SA/Bloodwork=perfect after 4 cycles+IUI finally BFP May 2008 Pre-E/ HELLP DS born C/S Jan 26,2009 = LOVE OF OUR LIFE Surprise BFP Dec 2010 EDD AUG 22,2011 natural M/C @ 9 wks baby measured 6 wks March 2011 BFP! EDD Nov 22,2011 PLEASE, PLEASE STICK LO Beta 3/16-103 Prog-22 Beta 3/18-261 Beta 3/21-973 Prog-19 Beta 3/23-1975 BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"