July 2011 Moms

Anyone else binging on candy & chocolate??

I feel like I crave candy and chocolate and eat so much of it every day! I shouldn't be the person in charge of the office candy bowl either, LOL. I have so much at home too. I feel like I'm stockpiling Easter candy whenever I see it on sale. I should show you guys a picture of my pantry.....FULL of candy! Anyone else feeling the same way??
image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone else binging on candy & chocolate??

• Lately I've had such a thing for cookies...it's been really hard to control!!  Doesn't help that Girl Scout cookies got delivered on Monday either, lol.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Im not supposed to have much sugar unless its a special occasion but man i've been eyeing the candy and cupcakes like you wouldnt believe! If was allowed i'd be RIGHT in there!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes, I blame it baby girl making me crave chocolate.  I suspected I was carrying a girl early on because of the need for chocolate.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • FI needs to learn the words no. If I say, gee honey I really want some icecream, he goes and get it. Or if I want some cookies, he buys some cookies. It is sweet of him but not nice to my weight gain.
  • YES! All I want are the jolly rancher jelly beans that come out at this time, peeps and chocolate ice cream. Someome mentioned cupcakes today too and now I want some
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Um YES. This is so different from when I was pg with my son. I am a sugar addict...it's terrible. Popsicles, pudding, licorice, brownies.... it's really, really bad.
  • YES and YES

And the weird thing is that on Monday I had very little sugar at all and I felt extremely woozy. Then the next morning I was feeling the same way. So I ate some candy and after that I was fine. So I must have low blood sugar, ok?! :)

ETA - is everyone who's craving sugar pregnant with a girl?! lol! 

photo 41f1f21b-fd5b-40ab-bc31-76a13e270270_zpscf391ac9.jpg
    After 2 years, Injects, PCOS diagnosis and 2 IUI's, we were blessed with our beautiful twin girls!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Baby Girl #3!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm so glad that you girls feel the same way too! :) I'd give you all some of my Snickers and Milky Way Midnights if I could!! :)
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I carve candy as well and I am having a girl.  I was doing good today until i read the post!!!  Time for a few mini robin eggs! 
  • Yes! I go through 3-5 mini twix bars a day. I am actually hoarding them away from my students(!), I leave the 3 musketeers, snickers & milky ways to them... Plus in my cupboard at home I have wethers butterscotch candies & sour patch kids. Also a big fan of mint chocolate chip ice cream, which I have always loved, but this is a dangerous affection recently! I also drink 20 oz. of chocolate instant breakfast in the morning (on top of food)....this little girl in my tummy loves chocolate just like her Mommy!

• imagenoodles922:
    FI needs to learn the words no. If I say, gee honey I really want some icecream, he goes and get it. Or if I want some cookies, he buys some cookies. It is sweet of him but not nice to my weight gain.

LOL! This! DH and I went to Coldstone the other night. I was planning on a "like it" of fat free yogurt. We left with a quart of chocolate cake batter ice cream with brownies, walnuts and peanut butter mixed in. All HIS idea. (and a good one I might add!)Embarrassed

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker
  • If it has banana or lemon flavor in it, bring it on!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes, it's ridiculous!  I quite the variety of Easter Candy at home right now!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I went to the grocery store today and bought cadbury mini eggs, a kit kat bar, chocolate raspberry ice cream, chocolate granola bars ... oh.. and milk (what I went there for) ahaha
  • Right there with you girls. The weird thing is I have never been a sweets person. I read this post and it made me decide to eat an oreo. Plus I bought ice cream for the first time ever at the grocery store the other night. Yes my lo is also a girl...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic              image 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Sorry I'm not craving candy, but chocolate milkshakes! Darn! Now I want one!
  • I have ALWAYS had a sweet tooth but as OP mentioned- Easter candy is about to be the death of me! First valentines day candy, then girl scout cookies, now Easter candy?! Give a pregnant girl a break! Just got back from the store with ice-cream and oreos- mind you I bought cadbury eggs, gummy bears, and pretzel M&M's yesterday (don't worry it's not gone!- That would be a REAL problem).
  • I've had an M&M McFlurry every day for the past week. I am seriously addicted to them all of a sudden.

Unless I develop GD, I am not going to worry about it. My baby likes sweets. :)

• Yes and at times I feel guilty because of how much I eat it. I'm going to the store in a bit and hopefully I can avoid the Easter aisle, but it's already calling my name.
  • Yes, it's horrible! I've never craved sugar like this before. Last week was so bad that I put a moratorium on candy and treats this week - I was grossing myself out! And yep, I'm having a girl too. So weird!
  • Oh I'm so glad I'm not the only one! I crave basically anything sweet, candy, cookies, ice cream, pie, cake, pie, cheesecake, did I mention pie? It's ridiculous, and after reading all of these comments I am now craving everything mentioned, I should probably stay away from the store... Oh and I'm having a boy, but I can still blame it on him, right? :) My mom helps me handle the sweet tooth by asking what area of my body that particular sweet is going to stick to, not a happy thought... 

• pp709pp709 member
    I've had to King sized bars of chocolate this week Embarrassed and Girl Scout cookies.
  • I'm so glad I'm not the only one.  I was starting to feel guilty.  Lately all I've wanted is brownies and chocolate chip cookies. 

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"