Philadelphia Babies

OB recommendation at Lankanau hospital

I am in the process of searching for an OB associated with Lankanau Hospital. I am only 7.5 weeks along, but I don't "love" my previous one associated with Bryn Mawr Hospital so I wanted to start the search now. Any recommendations? thanks!

Re: OB recommendation at Lankanau hospital

• I go to Lawrence Park OB/GYN in Broomall; they only deliver at Lankanau.  I have seen all the obstetricians there and I would recommend all of them; Dr. Rudo, Dr. Laveran and Dr. Heinzel.  If you are more comfortable with women, Dr. Rudo is great! Best of luck.

• I'm seeing Dr. Ufberg at Lankenau and I really like him a lot.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I also go to Lawrence Park OB GYN.  Dr. Heinzel is my primary.  I delivered at Lankenau (plus spent 26 days bedrest in that hospital) and saw one of the 3 doctors pretty much daily for my entire stay.  Love all three of them!  Since I had a REAL emergency birth on an overnight Sunday into Monday and needed to have an immediate C section, none of these doctors delivered though.

• I adore Dr. Ufberg and had a great experience the entire way through delivery at Lankenau.  My only word of caution is that Dr. Ufberg is in practice by himself so when you go to your appointments, if there are a lot of "birthday parties" that day, as he lovingly refers to them, you might have to wait a bit.  His entire staff is great though, and you get a better feel for what all that waiting was worth when you get specialized attention and all of your questions answered.  So yeah, my only complaint is that hes a little too busy.  So on second thought, don't go to him Stick out tongue, ha

Pregnancy Ticker
  • MCH77MCH77 member
    imagemfinnert:

I adore Dr. Ufberg and had a great experience the entire way through delivery at Lankenau.  My only word of caution is that Dr. Ufberg is in practice by himself so when you go to your appointments, if there are a lot of "birthday parties" that day, as he lovingly refers to them, you might have to wait a bit.  His entire staff is great though, and you get a better feel for what all that waiting was worth when you get specialized attention and all of your questions answered.  So yeah, my only complaint is that hes a little too busy.  So on second thought, don't go to him Stick out tongue, ha

Same here.  Love him!  There are birthday parties, but he and his staff are great which makes up for it.  I can't wait for my birthday party!

BFP #1 March 24, 2010; missed m/c May 26, 2010 @ 12w 4d; D&E May 28, 2010

BFP #2 Oct 20, 2010; My little boy was born on July 5, 2011

BFP #3 April 30, 2013; Chemical Pg May 5, 2013

BFP #4 Aug 22, 2013; It's a boy.  Loss discovered at 24 weeks on Jan 15, 2014 (cause CMV virus)    

<3 We love and miss you Timothy <3

BFP #5 April 6, 2014; missed m/c May 15, 2014 @ 9 weeks; Misoprostol May 15, 2014; D&C May June 3, 2014

• I go to Dr. Patricia McConnell.  Her practice also has Dr. Michael Belden, Dr. Maggie Peden and Dr. Mark Finnegan.  Women's healthcare group of PA.  

Dr. McConnell was my gyno beforehand.  I think the practice has been very accommodating, I never have to wait long, and when I have had questions during my pregnancy, I call and a Dr. or nurse calls me right back.  These are all things that are important to me!!

• Lawrence Park OB/GYN are great.  I just got a letter yesterday from Dr. Rudo saying she's stopping practicing, booo :(  But Drs. Laveran & Heinzle are both wonderufl. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I use Lankenau Women for Women located at the hospital. Thus far, all of the OBs are wonderful. All OBs are female and I get in/out for my appointments.

I have gone to Lawrence Park OB and did not like it there--my own personal experience, I know many who like it there. 

Best of luck.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am also seeing Dr. David Ufberg and absolutely love him and his staff...his office number is 484-572-2444
  • Another Lawrence Park fan here! I have been going to this practice every since I started regular annual care (over 13 years). Dr. Heinzel is by far my favorite. He is the most personable, attentive, caring doctor I have had in any field of medicine. He was actually a little upset that when I delivered DD #1, that he was not the doctor on call. His wife also had their first baby recently, so he is very empathetic to concerns. He also calls you back personally when you have questions, but I think that's the norm in that practice. 610-325-1350 I also like that the practice is in the same building as the lab, Broomall Pediatrics, and Bryn Mawr Family Practice. There's also a dentist there. It's one-stop shopping! 

• I had all 3 of my kids delivered safely by Women's Healthcare of Pa at Lankenau. Dr. Belden, Peden, McConnell, Finnegan are phenomenal! I highly recommend them. My first child was an emergency csec., and they were on top of everything and wasted no time delivering the baby safely (only in hospital 22min)! This group is very experienced and provide excellent care to their patients. What I really liked vs. the other group from Broomall that alot of my friends went to, was that you ALWAYS see the Dr., and not a nurse practitioner. Alot of my friends who saw the other group never saw the OB until the end of their pregnancy. I liked that I saw an actual dr. each visit. Good luck!
  • I'm delivering at Bryn Mawr, but my OB practice, Main Line Women's Health, delivers at Bryn Mawr, Lankenau and Paoli.  They have offices in Rosemont, Plymouth Meeting and Malvern.  I see Dr. Bernadini primarily, but there are 6 docs in the practice.
  • I too use Lawrence Park OBGYN....Dr.Rudo is leaving the practice but I LOVE Dr. Heinzel.  He is so easy to talk to and he really seems to care.  He's my favorite but Dr. Laveran is great too.  I know they are in the process of hiring another female staff doctor.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"