Babies: 0 - 3 Months

"real clothes" vs sleep and plays

i'm just curious when you started dressing your LO in "real clothes". My SIL gave me a bunch of hand-me-downs that are super cute, but i haven't really used any of them yet bc i usually have LO (who is 6 weeks) in a sleep n play. They just seem so much easier for diaper changes, spitting up etc. I even keep him in those when we leave the house.

Am I being lazy? Just curious when your LO started wearing real pants, shirts etc.  

Re: "real clothes" vs sleep and plays

• They wear real clothes when we leave the house, so pretty much everyday. When we are home - they live in sleep and plays. They are just so easy and comfy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I keep DD (7 weeks) in onesies and sleepers when we plan on being at home or running errands. If we're meeting up with friends or family I usually dress her in "regular clothes." Most of the outfits we have either have pants that slip. I thought they'd be a pain to change diapers in, but they're not bad at all. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I put DD in "real clothes" when we're going out with her (doctor, family, shopping, etc).  I put her in sleepers when we're at home or she's going to day care.  Day care likes them, too, because they keep her warm and they're easy for them to handle.
  • She's in real clothes every day. We mostly have real clothes so we save the sleepers for sleep.  DD spits up a lot.
    IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I usually have LO in a onesie and pants during the day and when ever we go out. At night and most of the mornings he spends in sleepers or a onesie and swaddled.
    Team Pink! Baby Girl due 8.2.15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I think for the first month or so, I only put him in sleepers because it was just easier for the frequent diaper changes and because we weren't really going anywhere.  Now, I keep him in his jammies until after his first feeding or first nap, then he's out of the jammies and into daytime clothes.  Trying to teach him a little bit of a routine so that he knows day from night by the clothes he wears and not just by the light and noise in the house. 
  • imagethatsmary:
    She's in real clothes every day. We mostly have real clothes so we save the sleepers for sleep.  DD spits up a lot.
    Ditto.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DS is in sleep & plays all the time at home or even just running an errand, even sometimes at daycare!  if we're going to an event, a get together, lunch with friends, etc then he gets an outfit. 
  • For the first month or so I only had her in sleepers because she was so small and it was just easier. Now she wears sleepers only at night. After her first feeding of the day I change her into "regular clothes" which usually consists of a onesie and pants. If we're going somewhere special of course I'll put on a cute outfit

• imagethatsmary:
    She's in real clothes every day. We mostly have real clothes so we save the sleepers for sleep.  DD spits up a lot.

This is us too. We were given too many real clothes as gifts, so she wears them daily. Sleepers for sleeping in our house.

• I put her in cute outfits if we're going out or to a family get together. Days at home and when she comes to work with me she's just in a sleeper.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMHeming:
    I think for the first month or so, I only put him in sleepers because it was just easier for the frequent diaper changes and because we weren't really going anywhere.  Now, I keep him in his jammies until after his first feeding or first nap, then he's out of the jammies and into daytime clothes.  Trying to teach him a little bit of a routine so that he knows day from night by the clothes he wears and not just by the light and noise in the house. 

This is what I did with DD1, so I plan on doing the same with DD2. The sleepers are so easy right now, but she has a ton of "real clothes" in 0-3 size that I can't wait to put her in once she fits them.

• imagewifey26:
    DS is in sleep & plays all the time at home or even just running an errand, even sometimes at daycare!  if we're going to an event, a get together, lunch with friends, etc then he gets an outfit. 
    this is us too.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • The first time my LO ever put on his real clothes was when my nanny started (6weeks). Before then I had rotated him between five different sleepers because they were easy. But once I saw him in regular clothes, he was so darn cute I now make more of an effort to dress him better during the day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've been putting her in "real" clothes since week 1. We use sleep n plays as PJs and we always change her out in the mornings to an outfit. It doesn't have to be super extravagant or cute but it's never a footed sleeper or a sleep sack. I know she doesn't know the difference but I wanted to always be in that habit.
  • I put DD in real clothes everyday.  It's part of our morning routine & I have fun playing dress up with her.  Getting her in her sleepers/PJs is part of our bedtime routine.
  • Honestly all 3 of us stay in pjs the days we stay home.  DD and I dress to go out and I dress DS depending on what we are doing.  Sleepers are easier and cozy. 

I think the season plays a big role.  DD was born at the end of April so by the time she was 2 weeks old I dressed her every day.  Sleepers didnt make sense because it was so warm. 

• My personal opinion is that young babies need to be comfortable and dressing them in "outfits" on a daily basis is not practical and silly.  Babies should look like babies, not little mini mes

My little one is 4mths now, and although spitting up as much or popping as much she still needs constant changing. 

I think it depends on where you live as well, we live in a cold climate, we have to bundle up, so a sleeper with layers like  a sweater or coat is all she would wear and has for the most part.  I found it much more convenient than struggling with seperate tops and pants all the time. 

My daughter also has bouts of gas and I can not bear to put pants on her with tight elastics at the waist, or little jeans, she would be so uncomfortable on those days where her tummy is gassy.  I know I am if I feel that way.

The only exception I made was special occasions like Christmas holidays, and a baby shower but other than that all sleepers.  We also went to Florida recently and she just wore pull over dresses, but again easy to change her.

Why make more work for yourself, its tough enough as it is with all you have to do. Its certainly not being lazy, its being sensible.Big Smile 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"