1st Trimester

Pain in the butt!! (literally)

Hi guys, so this is possibly a weird question, but since it hasn't let up for the past week I'd like some input on if its happened to anyone else??  or if it's just my body in general!

I'm almost 10 weeks, but I have been experiencing muscle spasms (always a nagging dull pain, sometimes unbearable if I am moving) in my right buttcheek!  I've read some people getting muscle spasms in their actual "butthole" (sorry tmi!) but not the cheek! 

Anyone else give me some insight into this or how to stop it?? It's sooo annoying!  I've tried working it out by walking on the treadmill but it just gets worse! :(

Is this a pregnancy side effect or am I alone?

Re: Pain in the butt!! (literally)

• Sciatica? I had it with DD but not until way later. Nothing I did made it go away.. it's a pinched nerve or something.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers www.foreverfactor.blogspot.com
  • Ya, sounds like sciatica to me.  I've had it since week 7.  Praying it doesn't get worse!

Oscar born October 2011

Miscarriage at 8 weeks (August 2013)

DD due September 1, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • imageCeridwen21:
    Ya, sounds like sciatica to me.  I've had it since week 7.  Praying it doesn't get worse!

That is what it sounds like to me too.  I had it with DD, and still intermittently.  There's not really anything you can do for it, unfortunately.  I'm sorry, and I hope it eases up soon!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have the same pain that you're describing. I had thought that sciatica didn't happen until later in pregnancy, but it sounds like we're getting it much earlier. Like Ceridwen said, I hope it doesn't get worse!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • YES!!  Been dealing with it for about 4 days now...man it hurts!

Is there nothing you can do to help with the pain?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Thanks guys, I am glad to know I am not alone!!  Although it's still super annoying!
  • What a relief!  I've been having "butt cramps" and everyone I asked thought I was nuts!  I thought it was from my job, we were doing a lot of physical activity, but no one else got them!  Thank you ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"