1st Trimester

The party/direct sales business- advice needed

Is anyone here in the party planning business? i.e. Mary Kay, Lia Sophia jewelry, Slumber Parties, etc.

I am having a really difficult time wanting to do my parties because my ms is all at night and lately I'm in bed between 7-9 which is when my parties normally are. I just wanna have energy and feel normal again so I can work. It's hard enough to make it through my day j.o.b. let alone my work of passion at night... This may not make sense to anyone but I really need some adviceCrying

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: The party/direct sales business- advice needed

• I'm not yet, but I'm thinking of starting up with Lia Sophia. The only suggestion I would have is maybe doing some weekend parties when you're more rested, but I'm sure you've considered that. Are you able to catch a quick nap right when you get home? I've found that if I sleep for maybe 30 mins before dinner I feel a lot better and can stay up until 9:30 or 10.

I've heard the constant tiredness eases up after 1st tri for a lot of people, so hopefully that will be the case for you.

"For a long time there were only your footprints & laughter in our dreams & even from such small things, we knew we could not wait to love you forever." ~storypeople.com   

My Blog - Taking You Home

• I am a Director with Scentsy Wickless Candles!  I knew of this pregnancy back in late November so I kept my bookings to a minimum this month!  If they were interested in booking this month then I pushed them to February.  So instead of my normal 12+ shows a month, I am only doing 5 (does not include basket parties aka catalog shows).

I love the flexibility with direct sales and I absolutely love Scentsy!  This is the job of jobs to have when you're pregnant, that's for sure!

Keep your chin up and remember there is light at the end of the tunnel!

• Loading the player...
  • imageNJB02:

I knew of this pregnancy back in late November so I kept my bookings to a minimum this month! 

Keep your chin up and remember there is light at the end of the tunnel!

My bfp was a complete surprise on xmas eve ( we were ttc but had been unsuccessful for almost a year and I'd kinda given it up for the time to focus on my business) and I had planned on overloading January and February up. It is the busy season for Slumber Parties (Valentine's Day is coming up!) and I have already given parties away to other consultants. I have 3 this week and I am dreading all of them. Some of them are an hour or more away and don't start til 7 in the evening. I've also been a terrible consultant, so forgetful and not sending things in the mail like I normally do. :( It will be really difficult to build up a busy schedule in my 2nd trim. if I don't have parties rolling from now...if you KWIM...I'm just nervous that I won't keep my business running well. I was really getting into a good groove in November and December!

Thanks for the encouragement, I definitely need it!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am right there with you! I started a new Direct Selling business in October selling Gigi Hill Handbags. I signed up just to share with Friends and Family and it took off like a jet plane! Now I have people calling me left and right wanting to book parties and I am beat!

I told myself after Christmas that I was going to do one a week, no more, and primarily on the weekends. So far it is working and I am booked through February. My suggestion is to minimize your show...I literally walk in with my bags (2 trips to the car max) drop them on the living room floor and the girls go crazy! I collect orders, book shows and tell the hostess that I will touch base the following day to closeout her party. I can be in and out in 1 1/2 hours tops and make a nice chunk of change. No INVENTORY...NO LOADED down car! It's nice!

Im not sure what type of business you have but also consider doing more catalog shows...I highly encourage this and actually throw in an extra incentive if they do a catalog/web show so that it accomodates the both of us easier.

Good luck and be sure to take it easy when you have some down time.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am a Pampered Chef consultant and I am actually thinking about quitting it :(. I am so beat by the time I get home from my regular job that there is no. way. I could consider doing a party. The extra money is nice, but we don't really NEED it, and I really don't want to miss evenings & weekends with baby just to go sell stuff after baby will have been at daycare for 10 hours. That's probably not the solution you were hoping for, but that's the truth from my corner.
  • I sell Thirty-One and am just beginning Bamboo Pink.    I have been doing parties on the weekends because I don't usually have to rush there.  They are more laid back and relaxed. 

Bamboopink-The NEW generation of Direct Sales! Build a Virtual Online Business holding Virtual Online Shows! iPhone and iPad apps also available to build a mobile business! The MOST lucrative comp plan I have EVER seen in the industry! You are NOT required to purchase a kit! 16,000 have already joined! TODAY ONLY it is FREE to JOIN! Sign up here: www.bamboopink.net/hgibson and learn more here:www.mypinkinfo.com/

• I sell Thirty-One and Bamboo Pink.  It works better for me to have parties on the weekend.  They tend to be more relaxed because people aren't in a hurry to get home.  It's also easier for me to not have to rush there and Daddy is available to watch our daughter.

TODAY ONLY it is FREE to JOIN! Sign up here: www.bamboopink.net/hgibson and learn more here:www.mypinkinfo.com/ 

Bamboopink-The NEW generation of Direct Sales! Build a Virtual Online Business holding Virtual Online Shows! iPhone and iPad apps also available to build a mobile business! The MOST lucrative comp plan I have EVER seen in the industry! You are NOT required to purchase a kit! 16,000 have already joined! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"