3rd Trimester

Is my body getting ready? (Possible TMI)

I have stayed constipated this entire pregnancy.  Now, in the last 24 hours, I have gone almost every hour.  Nothing runny nor stomach cramps.  Is my body getting cleaned out to have this baby?  I'm nearly 30 weeks and have had signs of pre term labor for months.  I don't remember this happening with my last pregnancy.  I have made some diet changes, so there is that possibility.  Just worried I guess. 

Re: Is my body getting ready? (Possible TMI)

• Are you on bedrest? You say you've had signs of pre-term labor for months -- what does your doctor say?

Since you're not even 30 weeks, this wouldn't mean you're getting ready for labor, but if you're at risk, you should call your doctor if you're concerned.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've been having lots of bowel movements lately, and know that is a sign of your body getting ready. But I'm 37 weeks, so it's about that time for my body to start getting ready (since it could do this from a few days to a few weeks before delivery).

What other signs of pre-term labor have you had? Have you discussed them with your doctor?

I probably wouldn't call my doctor unless I was spotting, having contractions, or losing fluid. But those are the reasons to call on the paper my doctor gave me. If you're concerned at all, just call. Better to be safe.

• Loading the player...
  • I have been constipated most of the pregnancy, but since just before 38w it's been quite the opposite. But, I am still  here.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I started having BMs more often around that time, It seemed to me like my body just needed more space for baby.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If you've had signs of pre-labor for months and you're 30 weeks and you think that your body might be "getting ready" why are you not calling your doctor? Given that you've had months of pre-labor symptoms I would assume that your doctor has given you a protocol for when to call/go to L&D.
    Our Little Family Keeps Growing! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagerachelinouray:
    I started having BMs more often around that time, It seemed to me like my body just needed more space for baby.

This!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"