Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Non clicky poll EBF moms

For EBF moms... questions about pumping for your freezer stash...

1.  How many times a day do you pump?  Do you pump one or both sides at each session?

2.   How many ounces are you freezing per day?

3.  How old is your LO?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Non clicky poll EBF moms

• I don't pump unless I need to but I sah.

so I guess this is more of a pumping poll....

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagesarag0116:

1.  How many times a day do you pump?  Do you pump one or both sides at each session?

Usually just once--in the evening when dh does the bottle. Occasionally in the morning is I still feel too full after she nurses.

I don't really freeze daily, but I have about 3-4oz extra each day, so I's say I freeze about 20 oz every 4-5 days, but It varies. I'll go ahead and brag that I have a 300oz freezer stash :) 

3.  How old is your LO?

11 weeks

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Loading the player...
  • I pumped every time to build up a freezer stash, because I had major supply issues last time (only pumped 1oz/breast every 3 hours, dried up at 3wk PP). Silly me, this time was a total cow and was pumping 8oz after each feeding session. That blew because then I never felt drained/comfortable. I was freezing 64oz, so cut it back to every other session for 32. Now I'm donezo pumping and BFing, and living off this stash (had to get back on some meds).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I go back to work in 10 days and have been doing my best to 'stash' for the past 2 weeks. I nurse one side and pump the opposite about 4-6 times per day - between the hours of midnight and noon. I usually get a total of 8-12 oz to freeze. D gets a bottle once or twice a week right now so that will ding my daily total a bit. I probably have around 180 oz in the deep freeze.

My original goal was to have enough frozen to stop bfing around 6 mos and bottle feed breast milk for another couple of months. At this rate, I don't know if that is practical...

• 1.  Usually twice.  Once in the morning and once in the afternoon/evening depending on if I'm putting lo to bed and nursing or if dh is putting her to bed and using a bottle.

2.  I freeze at least 6 ozs a day, but usually have some left over that I let build up over a day or two and freeze another 6 ozs.  So probably average of 8 ozs a day.  I have a good stash right now (about 200 ozs), but a lot of that is going to be used when we go on a short trip at the end of this month (w/o lo) and I won't be able to bring my milk back with me. 

3.  LO is 7 weeks.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • 1. I was pumping 3 ties a day on both sides after DD ate and I was freezing about 15-20oz as well, but the past week and a half it seems that my supply has gone down a little so I have only been pumping 1-2times a day and storing about 10oz. I need up my fluid in take and even if one side doesn;t feel full I will still pump it to get an oz just to keep my body in production mode. DD will be 4wks on Friday.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • LO is almost 12 weeks and I have been back to work for 4 weeks.  I pump 2x a day at work--both sides.  Depending on how I feel when I am at home, I might pump at night or after feedings.  I also pump at least 2x a day on the weekends after LO eats.  I usually have enough pumped to freeze a 5oz bag with some left over (enough to bag after 3 days of leftovers).  I pumped after feedings before I went back to work to start my stash, but I am now about a week and a half ahead in my stash. 

• I pump twice a day and I pump both sides, even if he just ate from one, I still get some from it.

I'm freezing about 10 oz. per day and LO is 10 weeks old.

DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • imagesarag0116:

1.  How many times a day do you pump?  Do you pump one or both sides at each session?  In the am after her first nursing session, usually 1 hour after she nurses

2.   How many ounces are you freezing per day? I usually get between 3-4 oz total from that morning pump and freeze it

3.  How old is your LO? 11 weeks

imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • imagesarag0116:

I pump one side once a day, between 5-8 AM when I'm fullest.

5 oz

3.  How old is your LO?

6 weeks

BFP #1 6/3/10 | EDD 2/5/11 | Noelle born 1/28/11
    BFP #2 12/20/11 | EDD 8/24/12 | Natural M/C 12/22/11
    BFP #3 5/13/12 (Mother's Day!) | EDD 1/23/13 | Natural M/C 6/9/12 (blighted ovum discovered 6/7/12 at 7w1d)
    "And to think when their little eyes opened, the first thing they saw was the face of Jesus."
    My Ovulation Chart | My Baby Name List
  • imagesarag0116:

I pump once with DS early am feeding. He eats off one side and I pump the other.

Whatever I pump that morning (usually between 4 to 6 ounces) goes in the fridge, then the freezer the next morning.

3.  How old is your LO?

8 weeks 

• 1. Usually once or twice.  Once to empty before bed time, so I don't leak or become engorged during his long stretch.  Sometimes in the the morning.  I was pumping more, but have cut back recently.

2. Usually between 5-10 oz.  I was building up a stash for when I go back to work.

3. LO is 7 weeks 

• imagesarag0116:

3 times per day.  1 side at a time

2.   How many ounces are you freezing per day?  10-12 oz

3.  How old is your LO?   5 weeks

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"