Stay at Home Moms

Middle child syndrome

DD#2 has been acting out lately and also constantly trying to compare herself with my other two DD's. There are age gaps between all of them so of course she can't do what her older sister can do and can't do or be treated the same way that her baby sister is. When DH and I talked last night and went over things we both agreed that it sucks for her and we both can see why but honestly I don't know how to change the situation much. I have been trying to spend one on one time with her when DD#3 takes her naps but lately DD#3 doesn't want to take any naps and DD#3 is a very active and wild child that needs to be watched every single second. My other two were nothing like her! DH was a middle child and is now a complete outcast from his family. Although, I realize that is not going to happen to my child, I don't want her to rebel because of being the middle child and constantly comparing herself to the others. Does anyone know of any good books out there that I can read to her regarding being the middle child?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Middle child syndrome

• As a middle sister myself, I actually discovered a Pinot Grigio called "Middle Sister" ...but that won't help her out for a few years ;)

The Middle Child

Even though you're not the oldest,
    or youngest,
    you see,
    Being in the middle of a sandwich
    is the most important part,
    And in the middle of your body,
    you will find your heart.
    The engine in the middle
    is what runs a good machine;
    And your family wouldn't be
    the same
    without you in between.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think spending time with her is the only thing that will really help her with this.  Especially since your youngest requires so much attention, that probably makes her feel left out even more.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageErin0922:

As a middle sister myself, I actually discovered a Pinot Grigio called "Middle Sister" ...but that won't help her out for a few years ;)

The Middle Child

Even though you're not the oldest,

or youngest,

you see,

Being in the middle of a sandwich

is the most important part,
    And in the middle of your body,

you will find your heart.
    The engine in the middle

is what runs a good machine;
    And your family wouldn't be

the same
    without you in between.

not sure why the formatting is off....

Even though you're not the oldest, or the youngest you see,

Being in the middle of a sandwhich is the most important part.

And in the middle of your body is where you'll find your heart.

The engine in the middle is what runs a good machine,

And your family wouldn't be the same without you in between!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"