Dallas-Fort Worth Babies

Travel Anxiety

I'm not new to the bump, but I am new to this board. 

Here is my dilemma:  I will be travelling by myself with my 18 month old and my 3 month old in May.  We will be flying to Utah to visit my family.  I am totally freaked out about it.  I have no idea how I am going to cope. 

Any suggestions?  Any help or reassurance is very much appreciated.

Re: Travel Anxiety

• Book your flight for an off-time like a red eye.  Then the kiddos can sleep and usually the flights are less full allowing you additional room to spread out.  I usually bring a bottle/sippy cup to help w/ the L.O. ears during the take off. If possible, have your family rent or borrow car seats to minimize what you have to pack.  Good Luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I agree with the above poster.  The 3 month old will be the easiest.  I found a bottle was easiest to have while traveling even though I BF - this is great to use during take-off and landing.  Buy a new book/coloring book or something like that for the 18 month old as entertainment.  

Ask the gate agent if you can board first.  That way you can get settled.  Check as much as you can.  Don't over pack your carry-on.  Gate check the stroller.  I would put the baby in a carrier so you have your handsfree for the toddler at the airport.  

Good Luck.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"