Babies: 0 - 3 Months

you do it to right?

iv caught myself falling asleep during night time feedings and i feel horrible about it.

its typically during the burp stage. i guess the patting on his back soothes me to sleep also! lol

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: you do it to right?

• This is why DS and I pretty much sleep together on the couch after his 4 a.m. feeding. I can hardly stay awake and often wake up to find him with my nipple half hanging out of his mouth as he sleeps.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • yes! Last night I was sitting up in bed burping him and kept nodding off. He was getting fussy and I was getting annoyed, I just wanted to sleep dammit! HA!

i nurse laying down sometimes too and we both fall asleep. That rocks.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh yeah!  I took her out of her PnP last week and fell asleep..we didn't even get to eating, I woke up 3 hours later with her in my arms and a bottle in my hands...guess she wasn't hungry.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This is why I bed share and bf side lying style... if we fall asleep its not to big of an issue becuase that is where dd sleeps usually anyhow. But it's definately not for everyone, I just find with 2 I need my sleep and this is how I get it.

Everyone keeps telling me it gets better, I remember it getting better with ds, I just can't remember when lol.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I do this all the time.

imageSarahTx5701:

I used to nurse laying down with DS all the time, haven't gotten to this skill level with DD yet.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • pumping always put me to sleep no matter what time of day. BFing kept me awake cuz I sat straight up in the middle of the bed - not leaning against pillows. And my awesome babies burp on their own without provocation, so yay! lol

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageSarahTx5701:

yes! Last night I was sitting up in bed burping him and kept nodding off. He was getting fussy and I was getting annoyed, I just wanted to sleep dammit! HA!

i have avoided this so far. i go to the glidder for night time feedings.

you will be jealous to hear me say that Thax only woke up once last night. he slept from 9 till 230 then again from 330 till 6 then again from 7 till 10!!

• imageLovingBaz:
    Oh yeah!  I took her out of her PnP last week and fell asleep..we didn't even get to eating, I woke up 3 hours later with her in my arms and a bottle in my hands...guess she wasn't hungry.

this made me laugh

• I know I have done this!  Then I have to remember if I have feed him or not!  I feel awful about it.. Glad I'm not alone!

Come on Sticky baby!!
    EDD 6/30/2016
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

EDD: 2/26/11  BORN: 2/15/2011

EDD: 2/23/2014  M/C 6/18/2013
    EDD 6/25/2014  M/C 11/8/2013
    M/C 4/20/2014
    M/C 6/22/2014

Our Z
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Check out my Blog:
    http://gomommy-meandmyboys.blogspot.com/

• We fell asleep this morning...unfortunately that meant DS was sucking on an empty bottle for who knows how long. Whoops.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • All the time!

And unfortunately, that old wive's tale saying that you won't drop your baby when you fall asleep? Turns out it's not true. I dropped one of the babies the other day. Embarrassed Luckily we were sitting on the bed, so she just rolled out of my arms onto the bed, not onto the floor.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'll realize I'm dreaming while holding the bottle in her mouth. It's hard to stay awake when it's 2 AM and I'm keeping the lights off to keep her sleepy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • netflix AND hulu are how i survive.  SmileI haven't mastered the side nursing.  When I have tried I woke up and the sheets are soked with milk.
  • I did it the first week home and it made my DH so furious! I couldn't help it though. I felt like I had been through a battle or something, my body was sooo tired. Now i get super relaxed and sleepy but don't actually fall asleep. It is so snuggly and comfortable with them on your chest and you just cuddle them!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I notice I'll start drifting off when I'm in the glider rocking trying to get her sleepy... works better on me than on her!
     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • All. The. Time. I BF in a rocker/recliner and in the middle of the night I will wake up to find DD with the nipple half in her mouth fast asleep. unfortunately that usually means she will be up again soon to eat so i don't bother putting her to bed, I just snuggle her in and we nap until she gets up to eat again. no harm... sometimes it's the only way we get sleep!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"