Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Who said EBF helps to lose the baby weight faster?!?!

I don't believe it!! These pounds are slow moving and it was the same when I had DD. Although I have to start learning some self-discipline when it comes to sweets. I desperately need warmer weather so I can get this butt outside and on walks! Bleh!

Re: Who said EBF helps to lose the baby weight faster?!?!

• I think people don't realize bf also makes you HUNGRIER! At least for me. :) I have never been this hungry in my life! (Or thirsty at times).

I really recommend WW - you get extra points for breastfeeding, and fruit is "free" now, so you really get to eat a lot of food and still lose about a pound to 1.5 per week (which is low enough that your milk supply isn't affected).

Some people's bodies like to hang on to extra fat for milk production, so don't get too discouraged.

• With dd1, I held on to the last 5-10 lbs until I weaned. :/
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Ugh, I lost weight so fast the first time around. This second time around is soooo slow. It's very frustrating. 
  • def. agree to the PP about being hungrier & thirsty.....I'm always snacking on food or drinking something....I have about 5 more lbs to get back to my pre-pregnancy body and these 5 seem like their sticking around for awhile......amen on the warmer weather!!....i can't wait to get DS out and walk around the neighborhood....we can do it ladies!!! Cool
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • With DD, I gained 60+ pounds and only lost about half of that for the first 11 months, no matter what I did.  As soon as I stopped pumping, the weight came off more quickly.  Of course, then I got lazy and put some back on, but that was my fault! Stick out tongue
  • Oh wow, I've experienced just the opposite!  With both DS1 and 2, I ended each pregnancy weighing 150 lbs.  With DS1, I had to FF him. When he was 6 months old, I still weighed 135.  I remember because that's when I decided I needed to take action.  When DS2 was 6 WEEKS I was already under 130.  At this point, the weight loss has slowed down, but I hear that your body keeps 10 lbs of fat when you BF until you stop.  If that's true, then losing those 10 lbs will get me back to my pre-pregnancy weight. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • EBF will help you burn an extra 500 calories a day, but it also makes me want to eat everything in sight, especially sweets! I still need to lose about 10 pounds before I'll be able to fit into all my pre-pregnancy clothes. I'm using lent to get my butt in gear (giving up sweets)!
    252855_10150214241312114_262494087113_7012916_3895481_n-2Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker Siggy check.
  • I think I've hit my plateau or weight loss. I am under my pre-PG weight and I am BF, but I def have also hit the ravishing hunger. Once 11am hits I am not stop hungry for like 3hrs straight. This weekend I am going to hit the treadmill to start my weight loss regime and then I'll start to add in some free weights. Summer is coming soon.
  • It was quite the opposite for me.  With both of my children, I didn't really start to lose weight until I quit bf...then it fell off.
  • I lost 12 lbs immediately upon the birth of my son and boy was I excited. Then...out of nowhere.....it stopped! So here I sit trying to lose those last 10 lbs gained during pregnancy and after reading everyone's posts, I now understand why. I EBF my LO until his first birthday (literaly 2 weeks ago). So, now that he's 1, I can concentrate on the last 10 lbs finally. And honestly, it wouldn't hurt for me to drop 30 lbs!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"