Babies: 0 - 3 Months

stationary entertainers/walkers/jumpers

any recommendation on which to get (stationary entertainer, walker, and/or jumper) and at what age?  thanks in advance.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: stationary entertainers/walkers/jumpers

• I am going to get DD a jumparoo. I think they probably need to be around 5 or 6 months and holding their head up very well, I could be wrong. From what I've read on the boards the jumparoo seems most popular with the babies. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My pedi ok'd stationary jumpers but doesn't like walkers.  They stunt them walking on their own and they get used to walking on their toes so when they walk on their own, they become toe walkers.  Also if your house has stairs, walkers can be dangerous. 
    I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • Loading the player...
  • We have the FP Precious Planets Jumperoo and DD uses it for a few mins or so per day. We figured we let her use it from now so that she can have time with her head off the back, and also get more use out of it. We put some stage one toys with the patterns on it hanging at the top since she's always looking up lol. She also exercises her feet bc she kicks on the bottom (she's too short to touch the floor, so we have textbooks adding extra height), and the seat moves and music starts to play. That's all she's been doing so far, but we were surprised at her kicking for it to move when she's excited.

The exersaucer is the one where they need to be older to use it.

• imageizzourclue:
    ...  They stunt them walking on their own and they get used to walking on their toes so when they walk on their own, they become toe walkers.  Also if your house has stairs, walkers can be dangerous. 

I would love to see where you are getting this information from about the toe-walking.

And walkers are no more dangerous around stairs than any mobile baby. If you have a baby in the house, you should have a gate at the top of the stairs, end of debate. 

In my opinion, parking a kid in a stationary entertainer with a thousand bells and whistles for a half hour is no different than parking her in front of the TV. I hate those things. 

• imageRubineLime:

imageizzourclue:
    ...  They stunt them walking on their own and they get used to walking on their toes so when they walk on their own, they become toe walkers.  Also if your house has stairs, walkers can be dangerous. 

I would love to see where you are getting this information from about the toe-walking.

And walkers are no more dangerous around stairs than any mobile baby. If you have a baby in the house, you should have a gate at the top of the stairs, end of debate. 

In my opinion, parking a kid in a stationary entertainer with a thousand bells and whistles for a half hour is no different than parking her in front of the TV. I hate those things. 

Not true, kids can feel and touch the toys and learn about different textures, learn about how to move things, they move themselves around, they learn cause and effect, not to mention they can exercise their little bodies by jumping around. How can you say it's "parking" when the baby is actually taking part in different activities? Where are you getting these assumptions from?

• imageRubineLime:

imageizzourclue:

My pediatrician told us this at our last visit...so a doctor that specializes in infant physical development.

I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • imageizzourclue:
    imageRubineLime:

imageizzourclue:

My pediatrician told us this at our last visit...so a doctor that specializes in infant physical development.

Funny because my pedi told us that walkers were totally fine. So, our doctor who specializes in infant physical development had no problems with them whatsoever. And DD started walking at 11 months - normally - not on her toes.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"