December 2010 Moms

Give her juice?!

I called the Pedi today because I think LO is constipated. It's only been since Sunday night, which I know is normal for EBF babies, but she's been really grunting and making her poop face, with no results.

Well, the nurse's line told me to give her half an ounce of apple juice tonight and tomorrow.

Isn't it a bit soon for that? I thought they'd just tell me to do a rectal temp or something. (to stimulate things that way - not because I thought she had a fever).

Re: Give her juice?!

• yup - juice will loosen that sh!t right up, pun intended.  You can also try the rectal temp, that can also work.  The juice is only half an ounce, and it's only for the laxative effect.
  • Normal! Our pedi had us give D diluted prune juice. It more than helped!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Yep, it's ok in that small of an amount just as a laxative.  Prune juice never worked on DS but pear juice always did the trick.  Still does!

• Thanks everyone & sorry for my crazy siggy. Trying to fix.

• After talking to our pediatrician, DS gets about 1/2 an oz. of diluted prune juice every other day.  He'd been having some fierce constipation issues for the past few weeks, and this keeps things moving as it should be. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • imageMrsNoPhun:
    Normal! Our pedi had us give D diluted prune juice. It more than helped!

This! And we were doing this at around 4-6 weeks old. It'll be ok.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • what we did was boil some water then put some prunes in it. Just as soon as the prunes release the juice or whatever take them out and give them that. It really does help.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"