Babies: 0 - 3 Months

ready to feed,liquid concentrate, or powder?

which do you prefer and why?

Re: ready to feed,liquid concentrate, or powder?

• We use the powder because it's cheaper and easier to pack in the diaper bag IMO.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ready to feed.  It is easier.
    DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
  • Loading the player...
  • Powder, it is cheaper and sometimes the read to feed is kind of nasty compared to the powder.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I prefer powder. Like Hyfa, it's easier to store and bring out with you, and it also is easier on the wallet, you def. get more for your money that way. I got a free case of the enfamil nursette bottles though, so I'm using those first until they run out.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was told by public health that under 3 months should be using concentrate or ready to feed...it was the first I had heard of that though
  • We've used all 3 but prefer powder because it easier to take out with us as necessary.
  • Ditto the powder..I have the bottles premeasured and brink a flask of water with me to mix on the go.
    Joseph Michael - 12/22/2010
    5lbs 9 oz, 18.5 inches long
    6 months: 16lbs 15 oz, 27 inches long

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I used ready to feed b/c my daughter is super impatient and it is just easier.  I am hoping to eventually switch to the powder though b/c it is cheaper.  If you are using Similac, visit their webpage and sign up for coupons if you haven't already.  I also had my parents and in-laws sign up which is definitely helping with the cost.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Ready to feed is by far the easiest to deal with! I get the quarts for less than 2 dollars a bottle because my cans of powder have $2 off coupons, but I'm trying to use the powder more often because the ready to feed is so easy I want to save it for nighttime feedings when I'm super exhausted only. Also, the ready to feed 8oz bottles are perfect for the diaper bag, even though I can't find any of the Similac Soy :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"