December 2010 Moms

What were you doing

When you went into labor?

I was watching Saved By The Bell lol 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

Re: What were you doing

• ummm....contractions woke me up from sleep but i wasnt certain if they were contractions or not so i started watching keeping up with the kardashians lol
  • I didn't actually go into labor. I had an OB appointment, and she said "do you wanna have this baby today? Go home, eat something, grab your bags, and come back." 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageSchick'sChick:
    I didn't actually go into labor. I had an OB appointment, and she said "do you wanna have this baby today? Go home, eat something, grab your bags, and come back." 

::thumbs up:: 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Hard to say since I started having progressive contractions around 32 weeks.  However, they would come and go.  I would have them for chunks of time most days and they were causing my cervix to change, but very very slowly. I had to go to the hospital for an induction but before they could do anything my ctx started up again.
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • Didn't go into labor.   I was laying in bed (on bedrest) trying to determine if I should call OB about my headaches, and higher BP- then there were the "shooting stars" that I started to see.... so I called.  Went in and Dr. came in and said we are doing this in an hour. I had a c section because both my guys were breech.
  • I walked through my front door after working all day. My water broke as soon as I stepped through the door! I'm a teacher. Thank GOD it didn't happen in front of my class!
  • Breech baby + High BP + Previous cesarian... This time there was no labor.

But with my DS I was in Wallowa Lake, and I stayed there as long as I could. 

• I was taking a shower before heading in for a growth ultrasound when my water broke.  Surprisingly, I had the presence of mind to ask the OB's office to cancel the ultrasound for me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • #1 I was at an nst and they told me I was having ctx every 8 min. I had no clue. Had a sched c/s a few hr later.#2 was a sched c/s, but didn't go into labor early this time! Boring...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • My water broke while I was sitting at the computer at home, shopping on etsy. I had just gotten off the phone with my mom to make dinner plans for that night, New Years eve, the day after my due date.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I woke up because of contractions, then chilled and watched Fresh Prince until I was positive thats what they were.
  • imagesccheerbabe09:

Did you go into labor in 1990?? :)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • imagesaraboston:
    imagesccheerbabe09:

lol =) I wasn't even born until 1991 =

but no I woke up with contractions so we went to the hospital and right after they check to see how far I was dilated my water broke, it was on the tv at the hospital.

• I didnt go into labor, I had a c section. Boo.
    i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart)

Cooper+Evie=Soulmates

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Sexy time with the hubby! LOL (Good thing too, since there was an almost three-month dry spell after that!)
    Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMug

• kat81kat81 member
    sleeping...they woke me up at 4am. actually my cold at the time kept me up, because the contractions weren't bad. I woke up dh later that morning and eventually we decided it might not be false labor, so we called my parents (who live in the area.) The rest of the time we just spent timing contractions and starting to pack the hospital bag, which we had not gotten ready ahead of time! (and no, DS was not really early...just 4 days early...we were just that lame.)

• I never went into labor :-( I was in the shower when I started bleeding.
  • I woke up 2 hours after I went to bed to go pee and when my foot hit the bathroom tile, SPLASH! I stood there at 4 am thinking, "OMG am I p!ssing myself? Why can't I make it stop?!?" and then I waited 2 hours before waking up H because I wanted to make sure I was in labor and it really wasn't pee, lol.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagesccheerbabe09:
    imagesaraboston:
    imagesccheerbabe09:

lol =)I wasn't even born until 1991 =

but no I woke up with contractions so we went to the hospital and right after they check to see how far I was dilated my water broke, it was on the tv at the hospital.

Oh jeebus, that makes me feel old.

• I was scheduled to be induced on 12/16 and was to be at the hospital at 6am.  Just before heading out the door at 5:30, I decide I want one more trip to the bathroom. 5 feet from the toilet, my water broke.  A few minutes later, DH comes back to see what the hold up is and finds me with my pants around my knees, shuffling around with a towel and trying to clean up and keep our dog from licking up the fluid. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • I woke up at 6am the day after thanksgiving to go pee. As soon as I sat on the toilet my water broke. I remember thinking, what the hell was that? I got up to go back to bed and went why is my leg wet? Why am I leaking? I never had any contractions until they started pitocin at the hospital.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Dx PCOS 2003...Dx Chronic Hypertension 2006 TTC #1 2009 BFP #1 12/31/09 m/c 1/7/10 6wks BFP #2 03/25/10...DD 11/27/10 6lbs 13oz
  • I had contractions on and off  for a week, but the day I went into labour I was sleeping when they started. They weren't the 4-1-1 so I tried to go back to sleep and then called my midwife in the morning. I spent all day on the Bump and watching tv and I think I made Christmas cookies.
  • A was 2 days late and i didnt have any pre or false labor with him. The day he was born I had just finished xmas shopping and had laid down for 30 min when the first contraction hit. We stayed home for an hour getting everything together then off tothe hospital we Went, he came 5 hours after my labor started.
  • Watching A Baby Story in the hospital. I was being induced. My BF also put make up on me while I was suffering through contractions. Fun times.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I was leaking fluid at work so I went to the hospital to get checked out.  My induction started slowly thereafter.
    image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • With my first I was playing GTA Vice City on PS2 and with my 2nd I was watching George Lopez on Nick at Nite.
  • Hawaii 5-0 had just gone off (credits were rolling) when the first one hit. I laid on the couch in the dark for 2 hours until they were 4-6 minutes apart and I called the doc.
    Honor3 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I stayed home from work because I had woken up with contractions. Of course they went away, and I spent the day watching tv, and walking with DH to get them started again. It didn't work, so if course DH HAD to go buy an air compressor, and was gone when the really nasty back labor started. He came home and helped me suffer through the contractions for a few hours until we could go to the hospital.
  • I was anxiously waiting in the hospital getting induced 5 weeks early....on my birthday. Big Smile

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Sleeping.  I went into labor on a Thursday at 4 am with both of my kids.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • When my water broke, I was eating a bowl of cereal and watching Down Home With The Neely's. Now, EVERY time I see that show on at 11am, I think about it. 
  • well I was induced at 41 weeks....soooo yah.....we went in at 6pm the night before and I was supposed to eat by 2pm and be NPO until I delievered...so we went to pizza hut buffet for lunch...haha....my story isn't to exciting since I was induced...thought I'd share anyways
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Dh had just got home from work and we were watching an episode of the office. I was sitting on the couch when I heard/felt a POP. I jumped up and stood there in the middle of the living room waiting for it to stop. The cleaning lady had just moped the floors earlier that day and I didn't want to make a trail to the bathroom.
  • no labor or water breaking for me.  the joys of a scheduled c-section :)
  • I was sleeping because they started at 2 am.  But to keep count, I stayed awake by watching 9 months on tv.  Then, I watched Full House, haha.
    photo IMG_6758_zps3fe7e628.jpg
  • imageAllSmiles1210:
    imagesccheerbabe09:
    imagesaraboston:
    imagesccheerbabe09:

lol =)I wasn't even born until 1991 =

Oh jeebus, that makes me feel old.

Ahhh!  I'm old.

photo IMG_6758_zps3fe7e628.jpg
  • sleeping, then woke up from contractions & started timing them. right before that i was watching xmas movies w/ mh.

• I never went into labor. Was induced on my due date but the pitocin wasn't kicking things into gear. Labor didn't progress so I ended up with a c section to find out she couldn't come down. Her hand was at her head and tangled in the cord. Crazy part is both DH and FIL were born this was. Runs in the family, though my poor MIL didn't have a c-section. Looking back, I couldn't be happier about having the c-section and look forward to repeat ones in the future.
  • Water broke in the gym locker room after water aerobics. Klassy!
  • I started having contractions at work, which was fun because at the time I worked in a call center speaking to hospitals and dr's offices.  I had to put providers on hold so I could get through the contractions!  They weren't timable, so I worked all day, went to get pizza with DH for dinner then hung out at the house.  I woke DH up around 2:30 am and we left for the hospital around 3:30.  I didn't have J until 6:31pm.  I really wish I would have waited a little longer at home, I'll know for next time.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"