Multiples
Options

ugh...why is she waking up at 12:30 every night!

My DD used to STTN every night! There would maybe be a few nights she'd wake up and it was so hard to get her back to sleep. Since 4mos hit it's been not one night! Then she got croup and for 4-5 nights that was hell. She's mostly over it now but she is now waking at 12:30 everynight without fail. Sometimes she'll go back to sleep and some nights she won't and i have to feed her. Ugh...

She wakes her brother up who is actually sleeping much better than her. He used to be our problem child lol..

She is going to bed at 6:30 - 7 so she is sleeping 6 hrs which is great but she used to sleep all night.

DS wakes up for binky...back to bed...DD wakes up...back to bed....DS wakes up...back to bed...i'm so over the not STTN. We have to work and it's getting hard to concentrate.

Ok vent over. thanks for reading :) 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: ugh...why is she waking up at 12:30 every night!

• Options
    Like you we had both girls STTN, then two weeks ago they decided to start waking up!  Luckily Hannah stopped waking up twice a night and decided once was enough torture for mommy and daddy.  With me back at work if one wakes up we just wake the other cause I don't want to get up an hour later if the other girl wakes up.  Last night they made it to 4:30, so I am hoping they'll slowly sleep later and later.  It sucks, esp when they used to STTN and we got spoiled with sleeping!
  • Options

imageRangergal9:
    Like you we had both girls STTN, then two weeks ago they decided to start waking up!  Luckily Hannah stopped waking up twice a night and decided once was enough torture for mommy and daddy.  With me back at work if one wakes up we just wake the other cause I don't want to get up an hour later if the other girl wakes up.  Last night they made it to 4:30, so I am hoping they'll slowly sleep later and later.  It sucks, esp when they used to STTN and we got spoiled with sleeping!

Do you feed them when they wake? DS is never hungry at night. He wakes, he gets the binky and he's back within a few mins. DD never needed and sometime still doesn't need a bottle. It's just on odd nights we feed her.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wish I knew.   At 4 months or so, one of my girls would freak out around 8pm and I'd nurse her back to sleep and she'd go til 6:30.   She NEVER ever woke up on her own in the middle of the night.   Her sister would go to sleep around 6pm and sleep til at least 4am.  Feeding just her was no biggie.  Then around 5 months, all hell broke loose and they started waking up multiple times a night.     Rolling was one problem (they'd get stuck on their stomachs and they hate it)  and teething was another.       We had to do Ferber to get rid of the evening and midnight wakings, and I tried to eliminate the 3/4am waking with no luck.   So at 7 months, they are both waking up at 3ish.   It's good they are going 9+ hours, but that wake-up is killing me.    I hope with the clock change next week I can get them 7pm-4/5am instead of 6pm-3/4am.       
  • Options
    Charlotte started waking up around 4 1/2 months (for a few days in a row) and that's when I knew it was time to start solids.
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    imagehopeful34:

imageRangergal9:

Do you feed them when they wake? DS is never hungry at night. He wakes, he gets the binky and he's back within a few mins. DD never needed and sometime still doesn't need a bottle. It's just on odd nights we feed her.

Yes we feed them.  They will drink 6-7oz and must be starving cause they down it in like 5 min!  Thats why I am thinking they are going through a growth spurt!

• Options
    I just had this same exact problem! So what I did was I pulled her out of bed and nursed her in the dark still swaddled for like 5-10 minutes and then put her back. It was just enough of a snack to get her through to the 3am feeding with her brother without letting her fully wake up. We have had to do that about 3 times and last night she actually made it all the way again.
    www.twinsietown.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"